advertisement

System pics 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit I had to spend a couple of minutes looking closely before working out it was acoustic!

That is probably the best looking system I've ever seen, mainly because I hate looking at audio, but I like the checker pattern you've done with the black/brown combo and hidden most else away. Is there enough power for the Pro-Acs? Have you tried the hammer blows in "Blood Sweat and Tears"?

Thanks!

I don't listen loud and the Pro-Acs are an easy load at 10ohms. I never get anywhere near running out of power. Don't know the track you mention but I don't feel like I'm missing out on any part of the audio spectrum.

Thanks!

I don't listen loud and the Pro-Acs are an easy load at 10ohms. I never get anywhere near running out of power. Don't know the track you mention but I don't feel like I'm missing out on any part of the audio spectrum.

It's a Johnny Cash album and worth a listen.

My new system

IMG_1383_zps4gpzahik.jpg

IMG_1381_zpsj0facqhn.jpg

..well I have two of the power amps anyway.

I'm in KL and visiting a friend (and his system). Absolutely fantastic music reproduction. The most open, transparent and dynamic (and loudest) system I've ever heard.

They made my B&W 800D2's sound like crappy stand-mounts. I'm ruined :-(
These monsters require a lottery win and a large house with no wife in it!

I suspect most on here shop at John Lewis and Marks and Spencer David ;)

The paint work is done by a highly regarded artist who usually works on custom Harley Davidson motorbikes. The design and crossover by a very well known European loudspeaker guru.

Of course, you won't find these in the UK. Even Birds Eye Maple veneer is considered a little risqué and overly exotic by the majority over here. Apologies to them for the Gallicism.

They are a custom design for Martina Schoener and L'Art du Son John. They will be at the Analog Audio Association Show next week at Krefeld near Markus' old place.

A friend I trust says they sound glorious. I just love the look - although five way crossovers aren't a challenge I would want to take on.

That's part of the house intercom.

Used to deliver messages like 'Can't you turn those bl**dy things down, I can hardly hear myself think upstairs here with that racket..' :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back