1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System pics 2017

Discussion in 'audio' started by Tony L, Jan 1, 2017.

1. BlueYeti

BlueYeti pfm Member

Lovely space Cellofan. Certainly an interesting combination of Naim amp and horn speakers (Odeon 28/3?). How do they complement each other I wonder?

2. Still

Still gyldengourd

Minotti - the ultimate nap :)

3. Cellofan

Cellofan pfm Member

@Whaleblue:They are not nearly looking good as they sound.

@Blue Yeti: Thank you very much, good eyes, Elektra S (predecessor of the 28.3). I think they work very well, but if you know the developer, then you know that he only uses high quality single ended triode amplifier and with them this speaker would even sound better. Which I can't imagine because it is so fantastic.

4. jy3

jy3 pfm Member

What a fantastic room Cellofan.

5. Cellofan

Cellofan pfm Member

Thank you very much jy3.

6. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

Yes, lovely looking room and speakers.

7. Cellofan

Cellofan pfm Member

Thank you very much.

8. coupe-sport

coupe-sport pfm Member

[​IMG]

Cellofan - looks a great place to relax and listen. Love those speakers :cool:

9. sls4321

sls4321 pfm Member

That is probably the best looking system I've ever seen, mainly because I hate looking at audio, but I like the checker pattern you've done with the black/brown combo and hidden most else away. Is there enough power for the Pro-Acs? Have you tried the hammer blows in "Blood Sweat and Tears"?

10. Rug Doc

Rug Doc pfm Member

Wow Cellofan, I don't think I've seen a more relaxing looking room in a while. What a pleasure that must be. You need a rug to pull the whole room together though...!

11. Still

Still gyldengourd

:-D get a trade account!

12. Cellofan

Cellofan pfm Member

@coupe-fan: Thank you very much.

@Rug Doc: Thank you very much. No I don't want a rug, because it is only damping the hights (the room acoustic is very good balanced for me). Also we have a dog and I don't think rugs are very hygienic.

@Still: What do you mean with a trade account, if you mean me.

13. Still

Still gyldengourd

I was joking as I believe t'Rug Doc is a floor covering professional.

14. Cellofan

Cellofan pfm Member

15. djftw

djftw Heterodox Member

They are a very surprising speaker, I have a pair on my kitchen wall. I love that you're powering them with a Leben CS300, mine are currently attached to an old Rotel RA-820A which is probably not doing them justice, but serves for cooking/washing up music!

Anyway I popped my head up to ask if you'd considered wall mounting them? The wall bracket Rega currently sell for the RS1 is the exact same one they originally designed for the Kyte. IIRC mine came from Analogue Seduction for £19.

16. djftw

djftw Heterodox Member

+1 :D

17. Rug Doc

Rug Doc pfm Member

Indeed, and professional is the word.. :) no intention to take it off topic or pimp my wares, but I just love that room and am wondering how on earth I can get such room treatment past my wife..!

18. Cellofan

Cellofan pfm Member

19. Rug Doc

Rug Doc pfm Member

No they're just being kind - they actually hate it and think you're mad! :)

20. Cellofan

Cellofan pfm Member

Nope they are not they don't know what that stuff is, believe it or not.