advertisement

System pics 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Whaleblue:They are not nearly looking good as they sound.

@Blue Yeti: Thank you very much, good eyes, Elektra S (predecessor of the 28.3). I think they work very well, but if you know the developer, then you know that he only uses high quality single ended triode amplifier and with them this speaker would even sound better. Which I can't imagine because it is so fantastic.

37379879010_b79f60ed13_c.jpg

Cellofan - looks a great place to relax and listen. Love those speakers :cool:

Just tidied it up, moved DAC and phono stage into top drawer as it was triggering my OCD.

Modified TD125/3009/VMS20
Lehmann Black Cube SE
Richard Allan A21
Pro-Ac Ebony Tab 10s on Target R4s

Digital is Jriver via SSD in a Gigabyte Brix into a cheap Chi-Fi DAC.

Hoping for a cart upgrade before christmas, not sure what yet but a Goldring Elite is calling to me.

That is probably the best looking system I've ever seen, mainly because I hate looking at audio, but I like the checker pattern you've done with the black/brown combo and hidden most else away. Is there enough power for the Pro-Acs? Have you tried the hammer blows in "Blood Sweat and Tears"?

Wow Cellofan, I don't think I've seen a more relaxing looking room in a while. What a pleasure that must be. You need a rug to pull the whole room together though...!

@coupe-fan: Thank you very much.

@Rug Doc: Thank you very much. No I don't want a rug, because it is only damping the hights (the room acoustic is very good balanced for me). Also we have a dog and I don't think rugs are very hygienic.

@Still: What do you mean with a trade account, if you mean me.

Kytes came to me by chance and I were very surprised. Absolutely didn't expect such a good sound from them.

They are a very surprising speaker, I have a pair on my kitchen wall. I love that you're powering them with a Leben CS300, mine are currently attached to an old Rotel RA-820A which is probably not doing them justice, but serves for cooking/washing up music!

Anyway I popped my head up to ask if you'd considered wall mounting them? The wall bracket Rega currently sell for the RS1 is the exact same one they originally designed for the Kyte. IIRC mine came from Analogue Seduction for £19.

I was joking as I believe t'Rug Doc is a floor covering professional.

Indeed, and professional is the word.. :) no intention to take it off topic or pimp my wares, but I just love that room and am wondering how on earth I can get such room treatment past my wife..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back