advertisement

System pics 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
34338605654_07b74424be_b.jpg

Gorgeous setup - that's a lovely system.

Thanks chaps for the comments. The Compass speakers are settling in very nicely and i'm rather pleased so far. A bit more work to do on final positioning when i've got a bit of time to play around.

James

James, glad to see them looking so good in your room/setup (they were once mine). More importantly glad you’re enjoying them. These were the speakers to change my views on what the Shahinian approach could achieve!

Thanks, yes Mark filled me in on their history (i nearly bought them when Gary was selling) so good to see they been in safe hands. Love the NS1000's you've bought. I take it you've seen the thread by Ynowan covering the refurb of his ? The workmanship put into them is fantastic. If you haven't then it's worth finding the thread and having a read :)

James

Thanks, yes Mark filled me in on their history (i nearly bought them when Gary was selling) so good to see they been in safe hands. Love the NS1000's you've bought. I take it you've seen the thread by Ynowan covering the refurb of his ? The workmanship put into them is fantastic. If you haven't then it's worth finding the thread and having a read :)

James

Glad you're liking them James, they look great in that super stylish room of yours!

Regards,

Mark

James

Yes, very well looked after while doing service chez moi :)

Yes, I’ve seen Mark’s thread. Very, very nice work. My Yammies were also the subject of a refurb, documented over on the Wam. I’ve fancied a pair since hearing Simon’s (sq...) modded pair a couple of years ago.

I've always fancied a Leben. I'm surprised you run it with the Regas. To me, they seem unfit and not worthy of such a capable amp.

Friend uses CS600 with Epos ES12 or something don't remember exactly but 1/5 price of Leben and I'm not sure I hear that price disbalance (or "unfitment" if you like), they work together great.

Hehe, I've no problem with that assessment, and yes, I think Rega is generally overrated. Their decks & amps too.

The Epos 12 I can imagine, they are very good (and underrated) speakers. Everyone always raves about 11&14s but 12,15,16 aren't bad either.

How do you find the Richard Allan stands up to modern amplifiers? I recently found out from the Interesting Ebay Auctions thread that they and the JE Sugden version were made in a factory about 100m from the house I lived in in Cleckheaton in the 1970s. I never knew. I now feel I have to get hold of one but I'm not sure how likely they are to a) sound any good or b) be a fire hazard due their age. Any thoughts on their sonic qualities or what pitfalls to avoid when buying would be much appreciated.

I especially fancy an A51 that actually has 'Made in Cleckheaton' printed on the front.

Damn you Pink Fish. A set of Sugden C51/R51/P51 came up on Ebay last night so I clicked Buy It Now. Not the most desirable Sugden set up but not too bad for £400 in mint condtion, mostly recently serviced and with all cables and manuals. I couldn't resist it.

You'll have to get some pictures up and what you think of it, I only have experience of the Class A models so will be interesting to see what you think.

Lovely space Cellofan. Certainly an interesting combination of Naim amp and horn speakers (Odeon 28/3?). How do they complement each other I wonder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back