1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System pics 2017

Discussion in 'audio' started by Tony L, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

Wow! The speakers look cool.:D

2. Robert M

Robert M pfm Member

My poor quadraspire rack, look what she's done.
    It was this or get rid of it :(
    [​IMG]

3. Cellofan

Cellofan pfm Member

Thank you.:)

4. Progmeister

Progmeister The Supernatural Anaesthetist

I stay with my cousin in Woodside every year and love travelling over the bridges. [I travelled from the lower east side to Coney Island last year. It was bloody freezing./B]

5. Bangaio

Bangaio pfm Member

That is one heck of a view - my favourite city in the world.

6. Hoopsontoast

Hoopsontoast pfm Member

Thanks, I really like it, after years of mucking about box swapping its lovely to find something that just works :)

7. sazalirazak

sazalirazak pfm Member

[​IMG]

401 Audiomods series 5 art 9
    Hidden : L75 ptp5 double platter Origami uniarm Lyra Kleos
    S&B Sut Ted Pardo phonostage,Tdac, Pre, dual mono and speakers
    MacBook Pro

8. onespeed

onespeed pfm Member

Hoopsontoast,
    Did you get my message?
    regards andy

9. John Barry

John Barry pfm Member

Main system hasn't changed much in years, so for some variety this is 'On the Move'

[​IMG]

10. gazjam

gazjam Gazjam

Current lash-up
    [​IMG]

VINYL
    Michell "GOrbe" Turntable (Gyro with Orbe bits added)
    SME V arm
    Dynavector XX2 Mk2 MC cartridge
    Michell HR external PSU
    Firebottle Plus MM/MC phono stage

DIGITAL
    M2Tech Young Dac (Modded) with linear PSU
    Logitech Transporter (music streaming)
    Oppo 103-D Bluray player (video streaming)
    Selfbuilt Music Server (Hifi Choice magazine 5 Star award winner!)

AMP
    Longdog Audio custom build 300B SET power amp: (8 wpc from the Elrog 300B output valves)
    Densen DM-20 preamp

SPEAKERS
    Custom design n build "Edingdale" floorstanders
    http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3578

CABLES
    TQ Ultra Black speaker cable
    Morrow Audio Dig4 XLR digital interconnect
    Klotz MC 5000/MS Audio rca custom jobbies

11. jimification

jimification pfm Member

Was that taken by your cat? ;)

Lovely TT!

12. johnfromnorwich

johnfromnorwich even my wife noticed the dif..

Offloaded your 301, Tony?

13. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

No, it is just carefully boxed-up and sleeping at present. I have almost certainly migrated to the 124 now, not necessarily because it is in any way better, just because it looks so cool and I have invested so much time, effort and cash into its restoration. I see no need to sell the 301 at this point as the deck itself and the SME M2-10 I used with it are both worth more than I paid and will almost certainly be a better investment than having the money in cash, but they may be in on the 'trades' bench as there are still a few things I want to try...

14. Mike Reed

Mike Reed pfm Member

I do like that. Nice big speakers and a miscellany of quality kit; just my thing.:)

15. Mike Reed

Mike Reed pfm Member

That's a perfect shoe-in, Robert.:)

16. koi

koi pfm Member

What a lovely looking system

17. Ginger

Ginger pfm Member

Proper lash-up that is. I'd like a lash-up room and rig like that. Is there a bar out of our view?

18. gazjam

gazjam Gazjam

Awesome cushions!

...systems pretty fly too :)

19. Mike Reed

Mike Reed pfm Member

OLDIUS,

Do you sit on that sofa and listen to reflections? :) A well-known reviewer whose name escapes me (HiFi Answers?) used to listen to his Impulse H2s' reflection from sitting between the speakers.

If not, it's not conducive to imaging, I believe, to have furniture between m/coil speakers, even I/B ones close to the wall.

20. wylton

wylton pfm Member

That was Jimmy Hughes; if I remember correctly, he used to have his loudspeakers firing sideways on.