advertisement

System pics 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a truly cool space.

Stuck this up over on the Shahinian thread so may as well stick it here also:
Logitech SBT, PFM B4 in Naim 42 box, Olive 250, Shahinian Obelisks, all running on a dedicated mains spur. Intended to get a decent DAC for years but everytime I listen to it, I decide it's completely unnecessary:

Stuck this up over on the Shahinian thread so may as well stick it here also:
Logitech SBT, PFM B4 in Naim 42 box, Olive 250, Shahinian Obelisks, all running on a dedicated mains spur. Intended to get a decent DAC for years but everytime I listen to it, I decide it's completely unnecessary:

What is that massive transmission line Sub in the middle? Fascinating design!

Familiar equipment? This was Gromit's room at Scalford which was sounding very good. Sadly my photography isn't a patch on his! Great room Richard.

Showing my naivety here but is the timmber panel there for a reason?

Probably a headboard for a bed that was hidden in the en suite bathroom for Sunday. Most rooms at Scalford are hotel bedrooms that are re-purposed early (too early for mostly hungover exhibitors) on Sunday morning.

Got my Xerxes back from a service/repair at Audio Republic at Headingly. Couldn't be happier...

post-1310-0-09669100-1489866171.jpg

Slipped the Nait 2 back into the system...valve phono stage with Naim? For shame!

IMG_0458_zpsmyr6shhs.jpg

What do you think of the sound?
I was doing almost the opposite the other day, running a Nac42.5 with valve power amps and I quite liked it!

It sounds great! The Minimax phono stage is quite a bit better than the internal MM stage in the Nait. It's very transparent and not at all what one would think a 12ax7 based phono pre-amp would sound like. It's not thick in the bass, but rather tight and quick. It's also very extended in the high frequencies and these qualities compensate a bit for the subtly opposite tendencies of the Nait.

Could just as well have been in the Shahinian thread! Obelisk 2 with Rega Osiris, valve Isis and latest addition - Moon Mind 280 streamer/dac. Amazon Model 2 on turntable duty.

IMG_1245_zps9uw5q4kg.jpg.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back