advertisement

System pics 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we agreed to stop Re - Quoting the images last year.

Could we agree to do it again this year please ?

But given a price La Voce is a very, very good DAC.

What I don't understand is why a DAC would have to be so complex inside?

You can get $100 ones that use the latest chip sets and measure superbly ... .

Isn't this over engineering in a sense counter productive to what these huge billion $ companies invested in the first place to make these advanced chips?

Indeed, are these makers of ueber complex DAC''s engineering the good bits out to achieve a distinct sound?

I thought we agreed to stop Re - Quoting the images last year.

Could we agree to do it again this year please ?

I thought we had, too, and I add a plaintive voice of support.

Please, please, please, don't just hit 'Quote' and add a one-liner. EDIT the content of the quote so that it's clear which post you're replying to, and to remove the re-post of all images.

I also would appreciate that. Also a simple:
@WXYZ: Your system looks....
would keep the thread more clean.

I thought we had, too, and I add a plaintive voice of support.

Please, please, please, don't just hit 'Quote' and add a one-liner. EDIT the content of the quote so that it's clear which post you're replying to, and to remove the re-post of all images.

It's the internet. Just because it makes things easier for everyone is no reason people will do it. I fear this is a forlorn cause.

Maybe Tony should simply delete all unnecessary quoted post without warning...you will see how fast the people will learn. ;)

Got to love your system as it is very close to mine. Same turntable and Royd speakers. One day I would like try the socerers. Lovely.
What arm and cart are you using on your Challenger?
It's a silver rewired manticore badged RB250 with a tecnoweight and an AT33PTG. I trust you're enjoying the Sintras?

It's the internet. Just because it makes things easier for everyone is no reason people will do it. I fear this is a forlorn cause.

I would agree with the first two sentences, but not the third.

"Fight the good fight" as my old gran used to say.

Maybe Tony should simply delete all unnecessary quoted post without warning...you will see how fast the people will learn. ;)

Too time consuming I would think, but an interesting suggestion.

Just lined up a Dolby 363 SR/A unit into my Sony APR5003v. Dolby SR is just fabulous - no tape hiss or extraneous noise - listening to Doors Morrison Hotel - OMG!

Just lined up a Dolby 363 SR/A unit into my Sony APR5003v. Dolby SR is just fabulous - no tape hiss or extraneous noise - listening to Doors Morrison Hotel - OMG!

a) Wow! I'd love to hear that.

b) How many R2R decks do you have now?

c) Where on earth did you get Morrison Hotel on tape?

d) No obvious loss of fidelity with the hiss reduction? [Without wanting to re-create the internecine warfare that sprang up over the 1998 hiss free Kind of Blue remastering]

d) No obvious loss of fidelity with the hiss reduction? [Without wanting to re-create the internecine warfare that sprang up over the 1998 hiss free Kind of Blue remastering]

Well, if the tape is SR encoded, you'll need an SR decoder to listen to them properly, so it's really a case of getting the right decoder for the input. Out of interest, do you have Dolby A encoded tapes, or SR? If you have the right decoder i'd have thought you'll get something rather special out of those tapes of yours.

Well, if the tape is SR encoded, you'll need an SR decoder to listen to them properly, so it's really a case of getting the right decoder for the input. Out of interest, do you have Dolby A encoded tapes, or SR? If you have the right decoder i'd have thought you'll get something rather special out of those tapes of yours.

I don't have any dolby encoded tapes. I assume that most of the reproducers (Tape Project et al) will put the mastertape through a decoder if required when coping. Most of my stuff is very pre-Dolby.

As Charlie seems to have a pile of copies of tapes from all over the place - I'm not sure if is decoding for playback on dolby processed tapes, or just reducing the tape hiss via dolby by sticking his new toy in the signal path.

The original has no NR. I copy all my purchased masters and play the copy. In this case I used SR to make the copy. The copy sounds way better than the original. SR has a 90-95dB S/N ratio!!

3 - Two Sony APR5000 series and a Studer A807/II

From a guy called Leoni in Florida

Dolby SR was the ultimate noise reduction system for analogue tape & film giving up too 90-95 dB S/N for tape. No loss of fidelity. If anything, sounds much better!
http://www.soundonsound.com/sound-advice/q-what-different-about-varieties-dolby-noise-reduction

y3miM1j2AYv9iTpLqG9E3zWCrCOd9rC6SvmgGJdNRMDet9-kvca_Eevin5ZFNszejbUVIDZU_sJVuVHEwBhtwM7a1KYrAJ1K2y1CXtsDyj6F4W3uL0GKSlWzkbOKUx_e82L-Q2hLf4JtXWCsOhDNRJbvuBIrdJMSI2FosnaolSaamY

y3m2Bsrl8-JgnZvYxstye-R5FM0tXZh3CyxH5by6ii1K0L9p87_ygsfb1ztNiqW4jMv44C3MEWduVd60yY5V9LFfJfBTN3nbtV4enAADQLJ0ZvFUFvlm2re9vFf_kNpG4bVUY8Z1byeEIZcM-6nsTNTyUTDTb-2PjuhOnlTIcggHvE

y3mM_yG6AuDQr6ZE1LFA18VqNKfR6WBoYpYi-TYYZsmUCxlH1x3hAmhNVAWcVKnElSXvvI6PSNsrXWffqWEAcQtzRYT77UXIJ4gYkSCbsEBJLELU0j3Vx_IILYa7PsdY7fte0nIdKWtcsNb6VQ8Tzo7ZntE97y14BMpgso4MHwLfNI

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back