advertisement

System pics 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bamboo - that sounds interesting!
Next time I'm feeling adventurous I'll try to build a low resonance plinth. Thought of using Balsa, but Bamboo might be even better. Shapewise, something like this would look quite "fancy":

IMG_0623.jpg

Claire sent me -- or, more correctly, my daughter -- a pony turntable mat to introduce her to the joy that is analogue.

Seems to be a bit of a gateway drug, this pony mat. She wants to play vinyl now.

Just a quick snapshot in abysmal lighting.

32716550201_de397bd7bc_c.jpg

Cheers, Claire. :)

Joe

I still think this is nicest turn table rega have made yet. I just love that wood surround and its colour.

I recently bought and original planar2 plinth with a nice teak surround frame. Its and older 1976ish model that looks similar. But it arrived with a completely unforseen problem... it stinks to high heaven of a damp musk smell.
Tried cleaning it, and even sanded and varnished but it still stinks out the room...

How i long for that p9 plinth!

Bamboo - that sounds interesting!
Next time I'm feeling adventurous I'll try to build a low resonance plinth. Thought of using Balsa, but Bamboo might be even better. Shapewise, something like this would look quite "fancy":

IMG_0623.jpg

My compliments if you build that !
Even it basically looks rp8 acrylic it seem like new form standard
Bet you have a winner if manage bamboo

My compliments if you build that !
Even it basically looks rp8 acrylic it seem like new form standard
Bet you have a winner if manage bamboo

I believe this is a plinth based on the RP8/10 custom made by Michael Lim based in malaysia. I've actually been thinking of ordering the same thing.

Heres a link to his own blog where you can see all the custom parts he makes for rega turntables http://lpturntables.blogspot.co.uk/ its pretty great!

My RP8 kitted out this morning with its new Isokinetik 103g counterweight which means I can get the base and lid back on.

Stippled paint instead of anaglypta :eek:

201702191153_DSC02284RP8.jpg

A bit more chrome introduced since last pic and another step in the right direction in the 'new' room. Olive HiCap placed on phono card duties and the CB HiCap now powering the preamp. Both PSU are modified for lower noise, the Olive having TPR4 regs and the CB having my own low-noise mods.

32122881344_0775a4f3f4_c.jpg

Mr Tibbs

Impressive that you have the leds lit on your kit, mine failed in about 1987 & never worked again till zener of this parish serviced & modded it. All gone now for Teddy P. My question what speakers are you using? They remind me of something I saw/heard/desired in the 1970's. Forget the name now.

All looks very good to me, congrats.

Impressive that you have the leds lit on your kit, mine failed in about 1987 & never worked again till zener of this parish serviced & modded it. All gone now for Teddy P. My question what speakers are you using? They remind me of something I saw/heard/desired in the 1970's. Forget the name now.

All looks very good to me, congrats.

Thanks (and to YNWOAN).

NAP110 on the right is from '87 - original green LED.
HiCap in the middle is from '84 - original red LED.
They can last a very long time (as can the LEDs)!

LP12 is sat directly to the LHS of me on a wall shelf. Need to get a proper table for the kit to sit on. Working very nicely at the moment though so just want something that will work equally well but looks better ;)

Check out the classic room for the restoration thread :)

Mr Tibbs

It looks like it is riding very low. Probably just the angle.

It does ride quite low, in a similar vein to the Goldring 10** series MM's. Saying that, the cartridge body has a downward bulge just aft of where the cantilever goes up into the body which seems a little daft.

It's a good cartridge, nothing especially earth-shattering, and with the recent crazy price increases, Hana are now up against some very serious competition.

Thanks Amar. :)

Have really 'settled in' with the combo of LP12/Nima into the Exposure Super XV and Royds. After much swapping around/comparing I'll say that the Super XV's phonostage is an easy match for the P75 - and in some ways is actually better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back