1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System pics 2017

Discussion in 'audio' started by Tony L, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

:)

Oh yes - part of the 3-lp Ravel/Perlemuter/Nimbus set which gets a lot of play-time here. My old piano teacher studied under VP at the Conservatoire National de Paris so feel a slight connection - although I was never going to be a great pianist, I'll admit. :(

2. YNWOAN

YNWOAN 100% Analogue

Hey Gromit, can you come round to my house and takes some system pictures please ;).

3. Rug Doc

Rug Doc pfm Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yamaha YP-D9 with MC-5 MC Cart
    Yamaha C-2
    Yamaha B-2
    Yamaha T-2

And the AV side of things..

Audiolab 8200AP
    Audiolab 8200P running rears, no centre channel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Main speakers Yamaha NS1000XW

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. pil

pil pfm Member

Love the look of the old Yamaha stuff

5. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

Wow! Beautiful images of the Yamaha and Audiolab equipment. Hmmm.....

6. joe9407

joe9407 actress/activist

hi Mikee -- nice setup! what kinds of racks/cabinets are these?

7. YNWOAN

YNWOAN 100% Analogue

Isn't the ARO a bit low in effective mass for the DL-103 or do you think the Zu body overcomes that?

8. pil

pil pfm Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Systemdek/Neat G30j arm/Hana EL
    Marantz SC6 pre MA 5 monos
    Tannoy GRF copies/Lecleach Horn with all coral units.

9. Bangaio

Bangaio pfm Member

Super cute. I've been trying to find a picture of these in situ for a while now but didn't realise they were that tiny.

10. Rug Doc

Rug Doc pfm Member

Wow that's just a fabulous looking system. Horns for me next I think!!

11. joe9407

joe9407 actress/activist

that was my hope! the Zu weighs 14 grams -- do you think that gets me in the ballpark, mass-wise? (i think it sounds great, in any case...)

12. Bangaio

Bangaio pfm Member

Ok - first time I have put a picture on, be gentle! Its basic, set up on a sideboard but I like it!

Naim Nait 3 purchased from here
    Sonos connect
    Project essential with Ortofon 2m Blue
    Q accoustics 3010

[​IMG]HiFi 2017 by Andrew Morbey, on Flickr

[​IMG]HiFi 2017 by Andrew Morbey, on Flickr

13. jirij

jirij Virtual Member

Wait, is this a thread about equipment bought in 2017? ... Man, people are really eager to shop on the 1st of Jan! :)

14. YNWOAN

YNWOAN 100% Analogue

Hmm. Dunno - will to a bit of looking up, chart checking.

15. sunbeamgls

sunbeamgls pfm Member

Looks cool - liking the simplicity :)

If you can't go with stands for the speakers, 4 small semi-circular sorbothane feet under each speaker will help in reducing vibration into your deck.

16. Gaius

Gaius Trade: Stiletto by Tangerine

Yammy NS1000s:

https://flic.kr/p/QCsczH

Up top is a Stiletto LP12/Ekos SE/KARAT 17D3/Naim CDS, in the middle fresh from Darran at Class A is a mint 32.5/180, I'll do shots of those another time.

What we have here is synergy which of course makes a great sound.

17. YNWOAN

YNWOAN 100% Analogue

New Years resolution Mark - buy some proper speaker stands :).

18. thebiglebowski

thebiglebowski pfm Member

And learn how to post pictures :mad:

19. Bluedroog

Bluedroog pfm Member

I bet that is a really fun system. Love the room, nice looking bit of furniture and do you remember what paint you used? Got that classy Craig & Rose look about it, would love to know which one.

20. Gaius

Gaius Trade: Stiletto by Tangerine

You might be interested to know how much better they sound on these than a high mass tripod design. :)

TBL I can post pics and I wish you a HNY.