advertisement

System pics 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Claire sent me -- or, more correctly, my daughter -- a pony turntable mat to introduce her to the joy that is analogue.

Seems to be a bit of a gateway drug, this pony mat. She wants to play vinyl now.

Just a quick snapshot in abysmal lighting.

32716550201_de397bd7bc_c.jpg

Cheers, Claire. :)

Joe

Claire sent me -- or, more correctly, my daughter -- a pony turntable mat to introduce her to the joy that is analogue.

Seems to be a bit of a gateway drug, this pony mat. She wants to play vinyl now.

Joe

My god my 5yo daughter would just love that!!!

Joe

First pic I've seen to inspire real envy.

It's an original P9, bought new about 20 years ago. The cartridge is a DV XX-2 MkII.

The pony is Fluttershy.

Joe

I've had a Chord QBD76HDSD in my system for a fair while now, currently being fed by a Melco N1Z HD player. When DAVE came out I was very keen to hear it -

...but despite trying it twice, and for a few days each time, in my system, although it did lots of admirable things in terms of extra detail and a remarkable airiness, it lacked the enjoyable music that I get from the QBD. I thought It'd be interesting try some of the other Chord DACs, having been told by others that they all had a better FPGA than my ancient old QBD machine. A friend kindly lent me his Hugo for a couple of weeks -

...and I was immediately impressed. It's got lots of drive and life, a different sound to the QBD but equally enjoyable. Quite remarkable! I finally thought I should try the Hugo TT, and this currently resides in my system -

I've taken advice about the output level, and although it's only been here for a couple of days my initial impression is that it's a smoother version of the Hugo. Very relaxing to listen to, maybe a little too polite, but I shall give it a few days' listening before drawing a conclusion. I haven't bothered with the other Chords because folk whose opinions I trust tell me they're not quite as good as the Hugo.

Do you use a special filter on your camera to enhance dust and finger marks Tony? :) only Joking..... yours is a mighty fine set up. Always a pleasure to see it,

Having a 401, the 301 is becoming an itch to scratch:)
How would you compare both in your opinion Mark?

Thanks
Sazali

301's more rhythmic (the (grey ?)grease has a more powerful motor) than both cream 301 and 401, but the 401 is more refined. I'm lucky to have both but if I were to keep only one for sonic reasons it'd be 401.

Apart from looks, there's really very little in it though:cool:

@Darren: Yes, but not anoying like many other "Highend" speaker and always with the right power at different loudness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back