advertisement

System Pics 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
<moderating>

Can I please request that folk list the kit pictured? I'm quite the geek when it comes to this stuff but there is a lot on this thread already that I can't identify. It makes it more interesting to get to the detail too, e.g. discovering what carts or streaming solutions folk are using even if they are out of view.

Good one davidavdavid!

Sorry Tony! These are home made speakers made by my fair hand. They use Scanspeak drive units. They are made from a lamination of 3mm Birch faced Plywood and 3mm MDF to a wall thickness of 27mm and then veneered using Maple veneer. The drive units are housed in a MDF front baffle that has been coated/covered in leather used for Land Rover seats. You do not want me to go on any further do you.......

Steve

<moderating>

Can I please request that folk list the kit pictured? I'm quite the geek when it comes to this stuff but there is a lot on this thread already that I can't identify. It makes it more interesting to get to the detail too, e.g. discovering what carts or streaming solutions folk are using even if they are out of view.

Fixed mine for you Tony

Sculpture is by a local guy called Alex simbi .. he makes em out of old washing machines, fridges etc etc
He has a whole band he has made...
The "tin man" cost me 100 quid!!!

224900_113769298764146_2026489140_n.jpg

So that's where Naim/Focal got the idea

Beautiful setup! I'm curious to know what type of plinth the lp12 sits in?

Thanks, john

Hi John. It's just a standard Linn LP12 walnut plinth. Purchased from Gaius of this parish.

It's what's underneath it that's really special (courtesy of the same man's company ;) )

http://s21.postimg.org/ykr81u2br/set.jpg
http://s21.postimg.org/3rtwxiyiv/source.jpg

My set, currently being a Well Tempered Classic turntable , Sonneteer Sedley phonostage, Restek Concrete II CD player used as transport only, Sonneteer Dryden DAC, Sonneteer Alabaster amplifier and ARS Acoustica Celera loudspeakers. All cabling between components is NVA, speaker cable is Gronenberg. The teak tables (although visually already quite an improvement over the black metal rack the components were stacked in earlier) are soon to be replaced with some DIY wood tables.

Wow, very nice system you've got there, Magentawhale! :)

(too bad the pic's are so small. You don't have a picture of the system taken from the listening position ?)

You don't happend to live in the north of Holland, do ya ?
Why I'm asking ? Well, the Sonneteer dealer where I became acquainted with this wonderful brand also has his store in the north of Holland and he stocked most of the other (rare) brands in your system. (being ARS, Well-Tempered TT's, the open-frame speaker stands, and NVA)

R0001292_zpsqceh6bn7.jpg

Work in progress - it's complicated.

ATC SCM100; SPL Phonitor 2; Sennheiser Headphones; Chord Hugo TT (on loan); Technics mk2; Accuphase Pre; Accuphase DAC; Auralic Aries; Linn LP12 + Lingo; Audiolab MDAC.

Some changes ahead for 2016, with minimalism/downsizing being the dominant theme.

My humble system

Hot seat view

DSC_0049_zpsnpx313r3.jpg

Front view

DSC_0050_zpsz6i7bzdy.jpg

Michell Gyrodec SE with DV20-x2
NAC72 with full RSL boards - Chord Hugo
UQ Mk1 192 feeding Hugo
Hi-Cap with TPR4
NAP110 Mono's

Allae speakers with Ash Designs Cosmic stand

Status