1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System Pics 2016

Discussion in 'reference' started by Tony L, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveT

SteveT pfm Member

[​IMG]

My Christmas present to myself. Still running them in but so far I am pleased with the result.

2. davidavdavid

davidavdavid EARWAG

your left speaker has apparently sprouted, no doubt for that natural, organic sound

3. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

<moderating>

Can I please request that folk list the kit pictured? I'm quite the geek when it comes to this stuff but there is a lot on this thread already that I can't identify. It makes it more interesting to get to the detail too, e.g. discovering what carts or streaming solutions folk are using even if they are out of view.

4. SteveT

SteveT pfm Member

Good one davidavdavid!

Sorry Tony! These are home made speakers made by my fair hand. They use Scanspeak drive units. They are made from a lamination of 3mm Birch faced Plywood and 3mm MDF to a wall thickness of 27mm and then veneered using Maple veneer. The drive units are housed in a MDF front baffle that has been coated/covered in leather used for Land Rover seats. You do not want me to go on any further do you.......

Steve

5. sunbeamgls

sunbeamgls pfm Member

Fixed mine for you Tony

6. jamesd

jamesd pfm Member

So that's where Naim/Focal got the idea

7. yurivv

yurivv pfm Member

Post fixed.

8. scottcarpenter

scottcarpenter pfm Member

Hi John. It's just a standard Linn LP12 walnut plinth. Purchased from Gaius of this parish.

It's what's underneath it that's really special (courtesy of the same man's company ;) )

9. magentawhale

magentawhale can't carry a tuna

http://s21.postimg.org/ykr81u2br/set.jpg
    http://s21.postimg.org/3rtwxiyiv/source.jpg

My set, currently being a Well Tempered Classic turntable , Sonneteer Sedley phonostage, Restek Concrete II CD player used as transport only, Sonneteer Dryden DAC, Sonneteer Alabaster amplifier and ARS Acoustica Celera loudspeakers. All cabling between components is NVA, speaker cable is Gronenberg. The teak tables (although visually already quite an improvement over the black metal rack the components were stacked in earlier) are soon to be replaced with some DIY wood tables.

10. Alco

Alco pfm Member

Wow, very nice system you've got there, Magentawhale! :)

(too bad the pic's are so small. You don't have a picture of the system taken from the listening position ?)

You don't happend to live in the north of Holland, do ya ?
    Why I'm asking ? Well, the Sonneteer dealer where I became acquainted with this wonderful brand also has his store in the north of Holland and he stocked most of the other (rare) brands in your system. (being ARS, Well-Tempered TT's, the open-frame speaker stands, and NVA)

11. carruthersesq

carruthersesq pfm Member

As every year, great rooms on show.

Here's my humble system.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

12. nbaptista

nbaptista pfm Member

Is this a Naim Supernait 2?
    BTW, nice system with the turntable!

13. carruthersesq

carruthersesq pfm Member

Thanks and yes it is. Downsized over the past couple of years and very pleased with where I'm at.

14. mario

mario Member

[​IMG]

Finally worked out the pic thing

15. mario

mario Member

[​IMG]

One front on

16. mario

mario Member

[​IMG]

One with Kate in it.

Mario.

17. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Box-swapper extraordinaire

Nice. Speaker placement is a tad odd, mind.

18. vln

vln Hail the sulking behemoths!

[​IMG]

Work in progress - it's complicated.

ATC SCM100; SPL Phonitor 2; Sennheiser Headphones; Chord Hugo TT (on loan); Technics mk2; Accuphase Pre; Accuphase DAC; Auralic Aries; Linn LP12 + Lingo; Audiolab MDAC.

Some changes ahead for 2016, with minimalism/downsizing being the dominant theme.

19. HiFiman

HiFiman Don't tell him Pike

My humble system

Hot seat view

[​IMG]

Front view

[​IMG]

Michell Gyrodec SE with DV20-x2
    NAC72 with full RSL boards - Chord Hugo
    UQ Mk1 192 feeding Hugo
    Hi-Cap with TPR4
    NAP110 Mono's

Allae speakers with Ash Designs Cosmic stand

20. scottcarpenter

scottcarpenter pfm Member

A beautiful system with probably the best speakers that money can buy ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.