advertisement

System Pics 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the latest addition to my kit - a lovely pair of Tron Convergence Mono amplifiers - currently powering my Harbeth Super HL5+

xm4t2p.jpg
[/IMG]

ejh285.jpg
[/IMG]

20f6zdl.jpg
[/IMG]

30rwpef.jpg
[/IMG]

ng6jbl.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks for the comments - room is huge (for a flat in Surrey) and music collection abuot 5000 or so - more records than CD's.
They are ELAC supertweeters Keith.
The main set up is Princess (on Townshend podiums) + 2x WB Torus + ELAC.
Had this set up years now - won't ever sell or upgrade this.

i often am at other end of room - 35ft long - either at table or working or sat on leather chair - so nice to listen there as other speakers quite far away.
Plus i am greedy - and I can - so i did.

Nice pics and obviously some great kit there Badger! Looks like a very nice space for both systems. The pic of the Convergence mono's is interesting, puts them in perspective, didn't realize quite how big they were even when looking at the dimension specs! Would love to hear them. Enjoy!

Hi Tim
Yeah they are heavy too - very solid engineering.
Sound wise I would be happy to live with them period. Miles better than the Gryphon SS amp I had before - they are very musical. Not quite as good as the Atlantic - but very close.
I have heard both amps on both speakers - swapped around, so have got used to the individual merits of each amplifier.
If life chanhed and i had to downsize the the Convergence Mono's in to my Resonessence DAC/pre would be fab. I tried that too!

While you are at it Badger, why not take the lid off of one of those mono's and give us a sneak peek. Graham wouldn't mind at all I am sure! ;>)

Badger,

Where have you placed the WB Torus subs. Cant see them in the pics but I noted the amps in your rack

While you are at it Badger, why not take the lid off of one of those mono's and give us a sneak peek. Graham wouldn't mind at all I am sure! ;>)

Noooooo - if GT wants the innards to be seen I am sure he will post :)

I have seen inside them when he was building them and there is freakish OCD going on .....

Badger,

Where have you placed the WB Torus subs. Cant see them in the pics but I noted the amps in your rack

Hi Colin - the Torus IG's sit by the Peak Consult's - they are used with those speakers. The Harbeths - driven by the Convergence mono's - and just used on their own :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back