Status
Not open for further replies.
My pre-May 2016 system:

roomlancasters2_zpsqmommmds.jpg~original

My post-May 2016 system:

roomlockwoods2_zpsad1cibqx.jpg~original

system1_zpst168bj9k.jpg~original

^
Don't those handles on the Tannoys rattle?

p.s. frst link is broken.

The handles don't hang freely, they are very stiff and take some effort to push up/down, so no rattles. I need to sort out the cosmetics though. I have OCD and my Lancasters were in minter than mint condition, sadly the Lockwoods aren't. I'd love to put a nice wood veneer over the formica but I wouldn't have a clue how to do this so in the short-term I'm tempted just to re-cloth the grilles, fill the chunks of missing formica, and paint them (gasp!).

That Yamaha looks a beauty. How much are they?

Expensive, but I got a deal that was too good to refuse. Even then it's still the most expensive piece of kit in my system, but worth every penny IMO. Everything about it exudes quality. The noise floor is so low that even when I press my ear against my 95dB/1w sensitive Tannoy drivers I hear no ambient hiss whatsoever. Pretty sure this will be my 'forever' amp :).

Expensive, but I got a deal that was too good to refuse. Even then it's still the most expensive piece of kit in my system, but worth every penny IMO. Everything about it exudes quality. The noise floor is so low that even when I press my ear against my 95dB/1w sensitive Tannoy drivers I hear no ambient hiss whatsoever. Pretty sure this will be my 'forever' amp :).

Sure looks pretty but then I'm a sucker for the VUs.

I also have the Yamaha AS-2100 amp but with M30.1s. How do you find the amp? I've not seen anyone with one before.

l had the pleasure of hearing a Yamaha AS-1100, the amp looked stunning and partnered with Quad S2 loudspeakers sounded AMAZING and l mean AMAZING.

DNM pre-power combo - quite a rare thing (the pre-amp sounds really good) - super photographs, very nice indeed.

Thanks for the comments. Unfortunately, I can't get the sound from these amps. Apparently, it will be difficult. :(

"Can't get the sound" - please explain further what the problem is? The power amp is quite a low output design and is the one of the pair that is a bit difficult to match. The pre-amp should work quite easily with a wide range of other gear.

"Can't get the sound" - please explain further what the problem is? The power amp is quite a low output design and is the one of the pair that is a bit difficult to match. The pre-amp should work quite easily with a wide range of other gear.

I think it would be correct to discuss this in a separate topic. I will start it ASAP.

yurivv,

They look fantastic!

There is a lot to say about the old Naim chrome bumper look and also sound for that matter. All good that is!

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back