1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System Pics 2016

Discussion in 'reference' started by Tony L, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

The sight of an LP12 with an Ittok still makes my heart race. That was my aspirational Hifi item when I started working.

2. MUTTY1

MUTTY1 Waste of bandwidth

I'd like to see How the cabling is laid out:D Very cool display!

3. kasperhauser

kasperhauser pfm Member

Vandersteen make very nice speakers. The local hi-fi shop carries them, and I'm always impressed when I drop in for a listen.

4. 1000RPM

1000RPM pfm Member

Scott - looks like a wood suspended floor you have there. any probs with vibration and your LP12? Have you considered a wall mount?

Beautiful room :)

5. yuckyamson

yuckyamson pfm Member

What I wouldn't give to chill in that chair and use that ashtray.

6. formbypc

formbypc pfm Member

The sculptor or artist who did your life-size saxophonist clearly isn't/wasn't a player.....

Can anyone see why?

7. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

That'll be a left-handed sax!

8. sunbeamgls

sunbeamgls pfm Member

A couple of quick snaps as a New Year Update.

From this time last year, the following changes

- Quadraspire bronze
    - Replaced Majik amp with active cards for Klimax Chakra Twin/D and gone back to passive crossovers
    - KDS/1 upgraded to KDS/2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kit list:
    Linn Klimax DS/2;
    Linn Klimax Kontrol/1/D stereo pre-amp;
    Linn Akurate Kontrol/0/D Pre-Processor;
    Front R&L Linn Majik 140 & Upgraded Stands with Linn Klimax 500 Chakra Twin/D amp;
    Centre Linn Majik 112 Tri-Active with Chakra Active Cards in Linn M5100D amp;
    Rear L&R Linn Majik 109 Tri-Active with Chakra Active Cards in Linn C6100D amp;
    Cables by Linn - Silvers and K200/K600;
    Quadraspire & Cyrus Isoplat Supports.
    Ancillaries: Logitech Squeezebox Touch; Ariston RD80SL; Sony BD-S480 blu-ray; Humax HDR-FOXT2 PVR; Samsung LE40A-756 TV; REL Storm; QNAP NAS; Netgear 108T

9. Martin M

Martin M Crueller than April

Same old, same old. Now active same old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. jansen

jansen pfm Member

Very nice system! Songs Ohia album is marvelous... Mighty Jason Molina r.i.p.

11. mondie

mondie pfm Member

There is some beautiful rooms and fantastic systems posted in this thread.

Here's mine for the next few months at least. The speakers should be going to their new owner next month to be replaced with something low cost for the interim until a 4 way active, TAD based system moves in :)

[​IMG]

12. Darren

Darren All Business

With your own system not looking too shabby either! Love your huge Adams and that fab, brass Kuzma.

13. Rodney gold

Rodney gold Im just me...

Sculpture is by a local guy called Alex simbi .. he makes em out of old washing machines, fridges etc etc
    He has a whole band he has made...
    The "tin man" cost me 100 quid!!!

[​IMG]

14. Darren

Darren All Business

Brilliant!

15. yurivv

yurivv pfm Member

Colorful Colorfly C4 Pro + Audio-Technica ATH-W5000

[​IMG]

16. Bemused

Bemused What's this all about then?

OK whats the gizmo :D

17. formbypc

formbypc pfm Member

18. Bemused

Bemused What's this all about then?

19. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Box-swapper extraordinaire

Want one!

20. scottcarpenter

scottcarpenter pfm Member

Ahhhhh.....

I miss my active DBLs. Such a remarkable speaker :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.