advertisement

System pics 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
photo_zps189d2b3d.jpg

Last week I went back to proper sized loudspeakers.

Today the neighbours moved out. Fun for a short while. :)

That Tackhead should test those woofers :)

That Tackhead should test those woofers :)

Awful Darren. :)

In truth, they are the most revealing speakers I've owned to date. Will be more of a battle than expected to get them to integrate perfectly into the room though. A work in progress but they have seemingly endless potential.

The picture inspires a scene with the bohemoths but NO sub, two guys listening...

"You know I'm just not getting enough bass, dude...."

Cut to:

Merlin - what model are those speakers? JBL's i assume?
Horn loaded with huge woofers. Not exactly crying out for an additional sub!!

Here's the very modest set-up in my London flat:
original.jpg

Not a lot of space for a big system but at least I have a nice view from my listening chair!

Merlin - what model are those speakers? JBL's i assume?
Horn loaded with huge woofers. Not exactly crying out for an additional sub!!

They are old K2 9800's badger. We've moved them around a bit today and ironed out any issues. Ended up in the same spot as the ATC's occupied. Lovely speaker and shockingly revealing of detail.

The Linn Sub is indeed surplus to requirements.:)

Ah I've been saving up for a decade for these and waiting for a pair to appear at an affordable price. The wait was worth it -patience is a virtue.

Awful Darren. :)

In truth, they are the most revealing speakers I've owned to date. Will be more of a battle than expected to get them to integrate perfectly into the room though. A work in progress but they have seemingly endless potential.

errr, wallpaper might help?

seriously though, they look awesome, I can only imagine how they sound.

Here's the very modest set-up in my London flat:
original.jpg

Not a lot of space for a big system but at least I have a nice view from my listening chair!

Is that the new Naim Statement external power supply outside your window? :)

Great view, I wish I had a better view from window.

The original and new M2Tech Young dac and the IMac showing Amarra and the Dirac room correction, the amp is a 10watt Bakoon integrated ,

Keith.

Keith, I don't know much about DSP/room correction, but do have a Mac front end. Is it all software or does it require another box?

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m238/rob4002/IMG-20140426-00035_zps2df86ea0.

Had a couple of 5' x 5' sheets of Interior grade Baltic Birch Plywood so knocked these up as an experiment after really enjoying this material as platforms ( with a 6" x 6" hole cut out of each centre) on my oak rack. The ball and chain won't be happy as the all Baltic Birch stuff sounds fantastic. So natural and vibrant without any shrillness/ hardness. Got to think of a more pleasing design though.

Keith, I don't know much about DSP/room correction, but do have a Mac front end. Is it all software or does it require another box?

James Hi, just the software, I use the Amarra version, really straightforward to use, and if you have ( especially) bass issues it can really help.
Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back