advertisement

System pics 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSCF07791_zps09e54bba.jpg

I like it too
w.png

Thanks for the kind comments Gromit and Collacor ill be back with more (loving photography again, damn you Fuji)

New Arcs delivered...

Rest of the system; SBT, Benchmark DAC1, Avondale modded 102 + 2 x TPX1, Avondale M130s.

Not the best pictures, sorry I only have the camera in my phone
DSC_0432.jpg

DSC_0430.jpg

Fanless PC with linear supply, Ayre QB-9 DSD, Megahertz Guerra, Stax 009 (not in the pictures)

Now that my Cyrus dacX is fixed running full Cyrus system apart from the Passion passive.

2coh9h5.jpg

From top down
Passion passive
psxr
dacX
streamX
phonoX
cdxtse
psxr
Xpower
Xpower
psxr
psxr

to the right of the Hark rack
dab8 ontop of fm.7.5

Now that my Cyrus dacX is fixed running full Cyrus system apart from the Passion passive.

2coh9h5.jpg

From top down
Passion passive
psxr
dacX
streamX
phonoX
cdxtse
psxr
Xpower
Xpower
psxr
psxr

to the right of the Hark rack
dab8 ontop of fm.7.5

Fair do's John - that's commitment for you. :)

Always wanted to hear a really good Cyrus rig, in so many ways like Naim it does have a dedicated following.

Thanks Gromit.

Only takes but a minute to hook up the WAD valve amp and spin some records on the Gyrodec when I feel like a change but the Cyrus kit stands up well to them.

So this year the naim / linn has gone, mainly due to moving house and downsizing after divorce. Along with my usual studio monitors for work I'm running these huge rcf speakers with a cyrus power. They are like a brighter atc/ PMC but the bass is massive when it's there in the recording
7eba8esu.jpg

The Nait XS has landed.

13976581983_ee2ed4bc52_b.jpg

Colour me impressed! It has all the usual Naim 'joie de vivre' but there is also refinement, delicacy and poise. I bought this as a 'backup' for my Audion valve amplifier, but the way it's sounding, I suspect that I will end up using this during the week, and keeping the valve amplifier for the weekends. (When longer listening sessions are possible)

Lefty

Thanks Gromit - yup, I'll make sure to post my thoughts as I spend more time with the amp.

Really enjoying it at present :)

Lefty

The Nait XS has landed.

13976581983_ee2ed4bc52_b.jpg

Colour me impressed! It has all the usual Naim 'joie de vivre' but there is also refinement, delicacy and poise. I bought this as a 'backup' for my Audion valve amplifier, but the way it's sounding, I suspect that I will end up using this during the week, and keeping the valve amplifier for the weekends. (When longer listening sessions are possible)

Lefty

Looks nice. How old is that Nait XS?

S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back