1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System pics 2013 part I

Discussion in 'reference' started by Tony L, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Markus S

Markus S 41 - 29

Quick, move your system there :)

2. mrlamonta

mrlamonta pfm Member

I love the look of that amp.

3. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

:D

The piano's more important ;)

4. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

It was a bit of a find that one, a leap of faith in many ways. A friend of mine had been going on about how good these Sony ES amps for so I finally took the plunge and got this one, along with a matching ES tuner.

Put it this way, it was a fairly significant upgrade on the Inca Tech Claymore I had before which did come as a surprise. Lots of power, transparent (ie you can pretty much throw any music at it) and with a superb phonostage.

5. Mike Reed

Mike Reed pfm Member

Bit of a change over the last few months.

From these:

[​IMG]

to these:

[​IMG].

Different views:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and from behind the speakers:

[​IMG]

and the kit, which has moved about, but not changed:

[​IMG]

Thought of writing a review of changing from large moving coils to large electrostatics but shall propbably wait until I re-install my ProAcs so that a better comparison can be made.

SPEAKERS: PROAC RESPONSE FOURS (which could be for sale shortly) and QUAD 2905s in 'Classique' finish.

KIT: DAIS/ACE ANNA 12"/KOETSU URUSHI VERMILLION:..SUPERLINE/SUPERCAP/BURNDY/HILINE:..NAC 552:..E.A.R. 509s:..LECTOR 7T and MERIDIAN G08 (for sale) CDPs:..01 TUNER:..SENNHEISER 650 CANS.

Not to mention my old soldier cat (just noticed !), who's one of a stereo pair.

6. ports1000

ports1000 pfm Member

Mike, don't suppose you miss your Orbe? You must be single or have a very understanding other half? Bet it sounds brilliant tho!
    Andrew.

7. banjoman

banjoman pfm Member

Realy like your vinyl storage, Mike. Makes for a good display and easy access. Did you get that custom built?

8. Mike Reed

Mike Reed pfm Member

Not in the slightest,Andrew; also much prefer a 12" arm (over the SMEV I had with the Orbe).

9. Mike Reed

Mike Reed pfm Member

Nope. DIY, but did the two alcoves at diiferent times. Each alcove shelf holds about 250 albums (but a bit packed), so 1000+ in all.

I never felt comfotable looking at spines sideways, and I like to browse for my next piece of music. Am working on some form of wall display for my CDs, but whether I'll ever get round to it.......:)

10. Take5

Take5 pfm Member

Mike, I also love the look of your Lp storage. Takes me back to the days of browsing in records shops. I dislike looking at spines too, and may have to try something like that too.

Great stuff.

11. John

John pfm Member

This was posted in another thread, but thought it worth posting here as well.

[​IMG]

12. pil

pil pfm Member

Lovely.

13. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

Liking that. :)

14. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Is it Raffles in Singapore?

15. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

Never mind the hifi - what's the piano John? :)

16. John

John pfm Member

Yamaha G3.

17. arthur

arthur Banned

Even more AWESOMENESS!
    I
    I'm feeling like a poor, orphaned church mouse around here now.:(

18. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

Very nice. :)

We had a humble U3 up until very recently...would love to have the room for a decent sized grand.

19. DAVEDWACK

DAVEDWACK pfm Member

Right then, here goes:
    Tube Technology Prophet Pre/Ps
    Tube Technology Genesis Monoblocs
    Thorens TD124/Alphason HR100s/Benz Ace m
    Tube Technology M.A.C. Phono
    Hagerman Piccolo/Ps Head Amp
    Linn LP 12/Ittok/Karma (Inspired plinth etc.)
    Norton Ps
    Linn Linto Phono
    Technics SL10/AT3182p (not being used just now)

Digital:
    iMac/MacBook Pro/IPad Mini (hi-res)
    Audiolab M-DAC
    Apple TV
    Panasonic BD60 bluray for CDs
    Sony Hxd870 HDR

Tannoy Turnberry (When the clocks go back)
    Quad Esl 63. (When the clocks go forward)

Stax Lambda-Nova/SRM-3 headphones

Cheers......Dave
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

20. DAVEDWACK

DAVEDWACK pfm Member

V[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just some more, hopefully a little larger, I'm not too good at this!