advertisement

System pics 2012

What's in the corner of my man cave:
3d3x.jpg

Some of this is sold now.

Sovereign, I don't know what to do for Photobucket but for Imageshack you upload the pic then copy and paste the URL for forums in your post.

Welcome to the Pleasuredome! Mid-80s classic.

I have inherited a lot of shit 80's records from friends who were throwing their collections away, but I'm glad to say that one of my copies of Pleasuredome was a result of a trip to Our Price when I was a teenager. That Buggles bloke knew his way around a studio.

Lots of changes in 2011. The system now comprises:
Tag McLaren DVD32R --> Young DAC / Avondale PSU -->
Tag McLaren T32R-->
Rega Planar 3 / Goldring 1044 --> Cambridge 540P -->
Philips DVD963SA for SACD
PrimaLuna Dialogue 2 -->
Musical Fidelity 550k Superchargers -->
Quad ESL63 on stands
Cables: Chord Signature
Electricity courtesy Belkin P40

With the Avondaled Young, CD sounds brilliant.
P1030708.jpg

P1030706.jpg

Tag T32R in the cupboard and Tascam CD recorder next to amp.
P1030707.jpg

Must tidy up!

Speakers: Shahinian Obelisk mark 2
6699990711_1d88ab8f6f_b.jpg

Boxes: (R) Well Tempered Amadeus + Dynavector XV1s, Dynavector L300 (+P300), Sugden HeadMaster, (L) Micromega Duo Pro, Rotel 965 Discrete, Dynavector HX100 on Hutter tables, cables are Kimber and Mogami
6699990475_c029d7386c_b.jpg

cheers
Jason

I've got a friend in France who's got the Micromega. It sounds very nice, although the transport is sometimes a bit temperamental about reading discs.

I had to renew some electrolytic capacitors in the transport which helped but it is certainly nowhere near as robust as a modern spinner - that said it still sounds great.
There is a company in Germany that sells replacement transports, "new old stock" - I might get one at some point but you really need the Philips setup discs to get the eye pattern bang on.

cheers
Jason

advertisement

Back