1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System pics 2012

Discussion in 'reference' started by Cereal Killer, Jan 1, 2012.

1. coupe-sport

coupe-sport pfm Member

Spacey - very clean & neat. How's the Olive ?

James

2. nitrous

nitrous pfm Member

Mmmmm(thinks) near top of the rear cabinet, so long lengths of unnecessary speaker cables hang down the back?

Or it's not one of Ivan's designs after all.

3. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer fourhundredandthirtytwo

Hello James, It’s just superb. It’s a really fool proof design and works/networks faultlessly. I didn't expect it to sound as good as it does via digital out, or its own internal DAC. I wasn't expecting such a huge improvement in sound quality over ALAC/iTunes but it sounds wonderful :) and it’s really nice to be in the world of FLAC! I also like the fact the remote app is available on both Android and Apple App markets.

4. FredM

FredM pfm Member

Can you recall the acquaintance with a man who has a funny French accent? Looks like the 'subliminal merge promotion team' has found you :D
    Nice fireplace ;)

Cheers, Fred

5. Pete the Feet

Pete the Feet pfm Member

More boxes than your previous system at Halifax Spacey; steady on. Are you adopting the Usonian philosophy with a touch of Bahaus overtones to please the wife? Be careful as the great Frank Lloyd Wright invariably exceeded his budget.

6. Robert M

Robert M pfm Member

stu-cj View from the window:

[​IMG]

Very nice, get a telescope! :cool:

7. Pete the Feet

Pete the Feet pfm Member

Yes very relaxing, lights out music low and curtains open.

Or a bit of Wagner for a stormy night.

Where is it?

8. Robert M

Robert M pfm Member

What are those monster speakers?

9. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer fourhundredandthirtytwo

Pete, what does this word 'budget' mean ? ;)

The wife hasn't a clue about HiFi or care one bit about how it looks, I'm the tidy freak in our house... I can't stand mess!

There maybe one extra box, but its still a simpler system IMHO.

10. nitrous

nitrous pfm Member

Are you Morse?

11. BenS

BenS pfm Member

They are IMF RSPM mk vi transmission line speakers. Bass down to 18hz!

Now I have had the crossovers updated with newer and better caps they sound stupendous. They like a bit of power though...

Ben

12. monty

monty pfm Member

13. JTC

JTC Saint Alphonso!

OK, I don't normally get into this sort of thing but seeing as the room is fairly tidy right now and I've (for once) some spare time, here's a selection of pics of my modest system:

View from the listening position (roughly)
    [​IMG]

Right hand speaker and LPS
    [​IMG]

Another view of system
    [​IMG]

System is:
    Rega P25 turntable (rarely used these days since I sold most of my vinyl);
    Mac Mini 2011/i5/8Gb/500Gb running OSX Lion and PureMusic
    Audiolab CDQ
    Adam Audio Compact Classic active speakers

I may be getting the best sound I've ever had out of perhaps the simplest system (at least in terms of boxes) == win all around :)

14. ex brickie

ex brickie pfm Member

Monty - what are the speakers? they have a touch of the Focal Nova Utopias about them but have a different tweeter...

15. Jonathan Ribee

Jonathan Ribee Unavailable at present

Absolutely no change in the last 12 months I think. Mullards in the phono stage maybe.

[​IMG]

16. monty

monty pfm Member

Hi

They are Usher Dancer Mini 2's. Wonderful speakers although they sound completely different in my new room vs my old one.... They don't sound as good. Bass has gone, imaging is poor. It's probably a placement and room issue. At least, thats what I'm hoping......

17. jaz9706

jaz9706 pfm Member

Hi Zebbo,

is that the tweaked anni ? nice, what speakers you sporting?

18. Zebbo

Zebbo pfm Member

It is indeed! Temporary armboard fitted at the moment but still lovely. The speakers are Heybrook Sextets, picked them up at the Tonbridge Hi-Fi jumble last year, very nice when everything is good ruthless otherwise!

19. JTC

JTC Saint Alphonso!

That's some wallpaper :)

20. DAVEDWACK

DAVEDWACK pfm Member

That TT cd player looks out of place at the bottom there and anyway it won't be getting much use these days.

That being the case would you flog it cheap to me please? ;)

Nice stuff I bet it all hangs together rather nicely.

Cheers,

Dave