1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System pics 2012

Discussion in 'reference' started by Cereal Killer, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Andrew.B

Andrew.B pfm Member

looks like the glasshouse tvc one

2. Space is the Place

Space is the Place pfm Member

The second budget(ish) system, although not really finished the set up/positioning yet, but sounds promising so far! (obviously im not listening in mono half the speaker parts are missing in this image ;))

[​IMG]

3. john dolan

john dolan pfm Member

4. Cyanosis

Cyanosis pfm Member

Hi Koi

It's a Lyngdorf TDAI 2200 (with RoomPerfect).

5. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

Apologies for the dreadful photo quality...

[​IMG]

My DJ deck:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. koi

koi pfm Member

If they sound as good as they look you have a cracking system there !

I use to have a pair of wb arcs they were great ,

your speakers our further up the range I think

7. Cyanosis

Cyanosis pfm Member

Thank you! I have to say, the 'speakers are quite something, a real leap in quality over the PMC's I had before, and they were lovely. Only the lack of space forced a move. The amp was a bit of an unknown to me, but I was having so many issues with bass in my room that I gave the Lyngdorf a go and it hasn't disappointed either.

8. Deano

Deano pfm Member

Gromit didnt you have a rega deck? what happened to that? did you change because your found the technics better?

9. bazza

bazza pfm Member

F***in' a!

Sorry,watched The Big Lebowski(again)the other night.

10. bazza

bazza pfm Member

[​IMG]

Dunno about Santas bike.

11. Stu_cj

Stu_cj pfm Member

Not done this before, but thought it was about time I contributed

The room:

[​IMG]

From the seating position:

[​IMG]

The system:

[​IMG]

View from the window:

[​IMG]

cheeky action shot:

[​IMG]

12. coupe-sport

coupe-sport pfm Member

Keeping Gromit company with the low light pics,

[​IMG]

James

13. sq225917

sq225917 situation engineer

[​IMG]

Currently without deck and EAR 509 monoblocks are out for a service with TDP.

[​IMG]

I'm currently replacing the broken glass atop the right hand speaker.

14. coupe-sport

coupe-sport pfm Member

I see a 202 lurking there. What are the other boxes ?

James

15. greg788

greg788 pfm Member

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

From top to bottom: Macbook Pro, MHDT Paradisea 3 dac, Rega Brio-R, external hard drive.

The speakers are Spendor S3/5R

16. Stu_cj

Stu_cj pfm Member

It's a 282 actually... below that is an Avondale dual PSU and S100 power amp on the bottom shelf. Left side is an Audiolab 8000T tuner and matching 8000CDM transport above that. Chord DAC64 on top doing dac duties for the transport and squeezebox.

Next plan is to sort out a decent rack to tidy things up a bit, I may look at getting something custom made in chunky oak.

17. shrink

shrink pfm Member

heres me for 2012:

[​IMG]

18. Space is the Place

Space is the Place pfm Member

Nice rug Dude!

19. coupe-sport

coupe-sport pfm Member

Sorry Stu - I was talking about the Weiss DAC 202 in SQ's picture...

20. wirbeltier

wirbeltier pfm Member

Hi James,

Looks excellent!!! What are you driving those PMCs with?

Cheers
    Klaus