1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System pics 2012 #2

Discussion in 'reference' started by Tw99, Oct 13, 2012.

1. JonR

JonR Brainwashed Bloke

Congrats, Dave. To what extent are they an improvement on the Super 10's?

2. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Trade: Purite Audio

Very nice David, as Jon ,how do they compare?
    KR Keith.

3. scottyhammer

scottyhammer pfm Member

Hi Jon,

Hows things with you ?

Well the first thing thats obvious is the the extra level of bass and soundstage - pure physics of a larger cabinet really which is what i was looking for.

The thing that really surprised me was the vocals which i expected the Super 10's to convincingly beat the D18's hands down BUT not so the D18's are excellent all rounders with brilliant tight controlled bass lines with excellent vocals add to that a large soundstage and involving characteristics that are not fatiguing in any way......just very nice.

They are getting better every day as they require approx 2-3 months to completely bed in but i loved them straight out of the box.

You are always welcome to come have a listen anytime Jon

Regards, Dave

4. scottyhammer

scottyhammer pfm Member

Keith,

See above AND the offer of a visit goes out to you also my friend.

Dave

5. Tw99

Tw99 source last

Looks very nice. I recently bought my SCM40s from Peter, and he had those ProAcs as a backup plan if I didn't like the ATCs.

6. JonR

JonR Brainwashed Bloke

Dave - I'm good, thanks, and appreciate your kind offer. I would love to come and hear them - maybe in a couple of months or so once they have bedded in. I am sure they suit your Graaf valve amp very well too.

7. scottyhammer

scottyhammer pfm Member

Jon,

Just drop me a pm or email when ur ready - i look forward to it.

The Graaf /Weiss/Pro Acs are a nice combo indeed.

Regards, Dave

8. Igloo Audio

Igloo Audio Registered User

Thanks David, that's very kind.

Full marks to Steve for all his ongoing help and friendship :)

Peter

9. coupe-sport

coupe-sport pfm Member

Good looking setup Dave. New room looks great too :)

10. scottyhammer

scottyhammer pfm Member

James,

Cheers

Even better in the flesh - if you fancy a visit it would be good to see you.......mail me.

Dave

11. coupe-sport

coupe-sport pfm Member

Will do Dave.

12. ArtK

ArtK British HiFi Nut!

Love the finish on the ProAc speakers.

13. wirbeltier

wirbeltier pfm Member

Do yours smell as fantastic as mine did? The speakers I mean.

14. scottyhammer

scottyhammer pfm Member

I bought them to listen to not to smell them ! LOL
    I know what you mean by the new smell of wood though.

15. scottyhammer

scottyhammer pfm Member

WOW ! These boys are chucking out some waves today............Theres no replacement for displacement as they say.

16. scottyhammer

scottyhammer pfm Member

Some of you were posting nice remarks about the pictures on the cwall of my lounge - well the other larger picture is now back and is the one on the left.

[​IMG]

I will post some close ups too.

17. scottyhammer

scottyhammer pfm Member

18. scottyhammer

scottyhammer pfm Member

This is the one that has been replaced

[​IMG]

19. scottyhammer

scottyhammer pfm Member

Close up of the right hand picture

[​IMG]