1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System pics 2012 #2

Discussion in 'reference' started by Tw99, Oct 13, 2012.

1. MVV

MVV pfm Member

thred

Thanks, a wee bit untidy and I'm having a four shelf oak job built for the amps to replace the steel and stuff. The two boxes alongside each other are mono 110s completely re-built by misterc6. (check out the mono 140 thread running) Oh and the phono is an Arkless modified job also of this parish- I look no further than pfm for my kit these days. (I doubt owt less than a grand would trouble it)

2. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

not for me.
    Can any one else see it?

3. ssimon

ssimon pfm Member

No I can't

4. ArtK

ArtK British HiFi Nut!

5. louballoo

louballoo Banned

Here is this years version of my main system. I still have all the stuff from previous versions. I just rotate components in and out.

Turntable: LP12/cirkus, lingo, Ittock, prefix + Teddycap III, Denon DL301
    Tuner: Magnum Dynalab FT101
    Pre: Bryston 0.5B
    DAC: Benchmark DAC1
    Speakers: B&W Nautilus 805
    Amp: CJ MV50

Very sweet sound without breaking the bank. My turntable sounds exceptionally good. I must say this system will blow away what is in many of the "High End" sound rooms here in Calgary.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Lou,
    I commend you on the presence of fine Scottish equipment there and I note too some fine Canadian pieces for capturing the spirit if the airwaves and for amplification.

7. Spike

Spike pfm Member

You've gone up in my estimation. Lagavulin and Riedel glasses...

8. 1000RPM

1000RPM pfm Member

But do straighten up your vinyl Sir!!!

9. louballoo

louballoo Banned

You sound like my wife! This is easier said than done I have 45 years worth of boxes and boxes of records stacked up in a different part of the house.

Louballoo

10. louballoo

louballoo Banned

There they sit, unopened and waiting for guests from PFM.

Louballoo

11. spxy

spxy pfm Member

Hope thats not an ikea shelf, all I can think off is shelf fall....LP12 och!;)

12. louballoo

louballoo Banned

Nope, it's a target lagged through the dry wall into the wood. It's secure.

Louballoo

13. peter bj

peter bj pfm Member

think he might mean the very top shelf falling on the lp12 , nice set up by the way

14. mark.king

mark.king pfm Member

So how do I get a picture to embed on here? Cheers

15. positive_energy

positive_energy pfm Member

Heres a recent one of my system:

WTA GT (on a rega wall shelf)
    Stageline
    Supernait
    SBLs

[​IMG]

Mark: not sure you can embed on here. I never seem to get it to work anyway...

16. chrisvdgg1970

chrisvdgg1970 Member

These Proac speakers deserve 10 points out of 10, in fact I have exactly the same speakers. Everything else are different components to what I have. Probably huge sums of money can improve on such speakers if any.

17. louballoo

louballoo Banned

I've broken up the string and placed quotes around the three parts so you can see how it is constructed. Normally its one string without quotes.
    So what you need to do is get an account on photobucket or similar service and place the URL in the text of your message and surround it with the image tags.

Try it and let me know if it works for you.......

"[​IMG]"

18. ArtK

ArtK British HiFi Nut!

19. louballoo

louballoo Banned

Nice stereo Art!

(Good taste in music as well judging by the books....)

Louballoo

20. ArtK

ArtK British HiFi Nut!

Thank you, Lou.