advertisement

System pics 2012 #2

Are you using talk cable 3 , just got some of this last week , amazingly good for the money and better than most of my more expensive cables !

Are you using talk cable 3 , just got some of this last week , amazingly good for the money and better than most of my more expensive cables !

I am, well-spotted Peter - and you're right it's great cable. Works very well indeed with old Exposure gear as I found out. No surprise I guess as Kevin Edwards used to work for Exposure in the JF days. Domestically friendly too as it sits flat and straight. And at £4/m there's nothing to dislike. :)

Hi Joe, I suspect the 15" Tannoys are more my cup of tea - especially with some nice tubes in the engine room.

I still have these cabinets in storage

29E1A4BE-F929-4230-8BE2-F3F3FEC8B52F-3666-000008EC866BDD85.jpg

I might well put some huge Volts in them and stick thrm under the Focals in the new year :)

Would you ever consider parting with them?

Ages since I posted one of these, or anything other than a squeal for help in setting stuff up.

8258093189_5afc66015a_c.jpg

8259161210_015a085115_c.jpg

The new (to me) amp is far to hot to sit in a middle shelf, so I had to split the rack into two. This means the cable to the right speaker is now dangerously taut, so I'll be ordering some new stuff later.

Very nice sound system!

My modest gear

Rega RP3 w/Elys2
Graham Slee Amp2 Communicator
Squeezebox Touch
Rega DAC
Audionet SAM V2
Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand Symphony Edition

Regards
RoDa

IMG_7735.jpg

IMG_7748.jpg

IMG_8672.jpg

IMG_8153.jpg

RegaBlk1-1.jpg

Stand2.jpg

Stand12-18-12.jpg

A couple of shots.

Pathos Classic One MKII, Rega P5 totally blown out , Marantz SA15S2 Ltd., Monolithic Sound Phono Pre, Usher CP6371,
Brick Wall Line filter, all WyWires.

My Naim active system -DBLs, 500s, LP12, 555cd player and DIY Buffalo II DAC-

Tony, you win.

I am flying over to Suffolk so I can hang out in your man cave, listen to your system and drink your whiskey. Is there a direct flight from Calgary to Suffolk?

Your Pal from the frozen Alberta foothills

Louballoo

What's with the monochrome? A room and kit like that desrves techniclour; cinemascope, even. ;)

What part of Suffolk do you inhabit, Tony, and what happened to the pre. (552?)?

I'm just outside Stowmarket Mike. 552's fine and benefitting from its recent DR upgrade.

Louballoo, you'd be very welcome! I'm deeply religous though and regard whisky as the drink of demons and corruptors.

(OK, made the last bit up...)

I'm just outside Stowmarket Mike. 552's fine and benefitting from its recent DR upgrade.

Louballoo, you'd be very welcome! I'm deeply religous though and regard whisky as the drink of demons and corruptors.

(OK, made the last bit up...)

Ah, but he said 'whiskey' (And being from North America, he would). Different kettle of fish. Nice to know you're religious about scotch, though; my faith is in wine. :)

You don't hang about, Tony; 552 DRed already (at great cost and inconvenience); not sure I'll get mine done. We're relative neighbours, my being in Norwich.

My friend has the full Naim amplification monty and is considering the DR treatment, too.

Looks good Gromit, do you know what stands those are? They look like a good fit for the narrow Tablettes.

Hi - these are in fact the Target stands designed for the Tablette which is why they fit perfectly. They came in either a 4-pillar version (the R4 I think they were called, which many folk will be familiar with) or this one. When I bough the Tabs first time round I auditioned them on both versions of the stand, and preferred the 2-pillar (they were a fair bit cheaper too!). They're about 2/3 full of a mixture of builder's sand and Atabites and are damn heavy.

advertisement

Back