advertisement

System pics 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one Monty - I've recently changed over to valves myself, in the form of a Pure Sound A30. I'm also using it with a Gyrodec :)

5642798664_59822e101f_b.jpg

Lefty

Many thanks :)

I've just noticed another similarity between our systems - I'm also running an M2Tech Young DAC.

Lefty

Spooky.....! I'm looking at turntable upgrades later in the year. Still pondering adding the Orbe upgrades as you have, going full Orbe or trying something different like the WT Amadeus......

The Melody is working really well for me. To my ears the Melody has many of the attributes of the Naim boxes (PRAT, forward sound, controlled bass) but does have that valve warmth. Vinyl sounds significantly better than the Naim IMO and my digital source sounds much more refined and has more bottom end grunt.
I'm a happy man and have never been as content with my system.

Great to hear Monty and high praise indeed given the level of Naim kit that you had. Heard the Melody amp a few weeks ago and came away impressed. Enjoy the tunes :)

Been thinking about changing my long standing Audio Physic Spark 3's for some Virgo 3's for ages.

Finally done it............

a2f2cd32.jpg

53c1a38c.jpg

2 days ago I decided to change my previous Ikea Besta for an Ikea Odda.
(the Odda's dimensions are more modest and therefor suits my modestly sized system better imho)

I also noticed that the Odda has a slightly better finish. (I swapped the supplied castors for 3 hight adjustable cones)

system_04_2011_front.JPG

systempic_front_grayscale.jpg

systempic_leftside_view.JPG

(unfortunately the pic.quality didn't come out the way I had in mind)

cheers,
Alco

It would be of interest to many of us uneducated users to list what is shown on the pictures as some of the kit looks quite interesting.

Tasty looking speakers there Neil & Alco, what are they?

It would be of interest to many of us uneducated users to list what is shown on the pictures as some of the kit looks quite interesting.

Tasty looking speakers there Neil & Alco, what are they?

Hi Pete,

My system contains: Naim Nait 5i amplifier, Metrum Acoustics nos DAC & Squeezebox Touch streaming device. (on middle shelf)

My speakers are Italian, the Diapason Micra mk3. (on sandfilled Target HR60 stands)

The bottom shelf houses 3 storage boxes, that hold about 270 CD's together.
(in soft-plastic sleeves, instead of the usual jewel-cases) I have a few more boxes.
Most of my CD's have been ripped to flac format and are now stored on a 500GB HD. (2x)

Cheers Alco
I was at a Wammers house the other week borrowing a pair of Shahinian Arcs. He had a pair of Sonus Faber speakers in his main system they were also Italian and looked and sounded the business. It can make life a lot easier with the Mrs if the kit has the looks as well as sounding good.

Nice discos ::). Are they a big improvement?

PMC's were really lovely but the WB beat them by some margin in a lot of areas - really great on detail and scale and built like tanks. The PMC's went much deeper in the bass though but were just too big for my room.

Lots of very nice pictures here. Let me put an end to that :)

Bi-Amped stacked sub-minimontiors.

9uNQB.jpg

No not really, just two sub compact systems currently vying for kitchen system status. 30 odd years and 1cm separate the speakers and I don't think they could sound more different.

A&R A60 / Keesonic Kolts and Denon UD-M30 / Mission SCM50

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back