advertisement

System pics 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
1296745740.jpg

LP12+BlueNOTE U3 unipivot+Benz Micro ACE Hi-output, Mana : )
Yamaha CDX930, Naim NAT02, Naim Nait 2
Spendor SP1, heavily peeling veneer

My little rig, since I bought Si's hot-rodded CA 840C...

IMG_5105.jpg

I grew to very much like the DacMagic I had running up to this (in truth I liked it from the off!) but this 840 has brought about an improvement in resolution, detail, dynamic impact and sheer listenablity which has been a small eye-opener. :)

Once the PL71's arm is back from Steve's re-wiring it, the 3009 will be off to J7 for a dose of Cardas' finest and a general look-over. I replaced the counterweight stub the other day, and that in itself has really brought things on, more than I'd expected to be honest. :)

And that's a Heed...Quasar? Questar?

New addition (apologies for blurry photo):

DSCF1568.jpg

Replaced a Whest Two: It portrays subtle rhythmic interplays far better, songs just hang together in a more structured way. It feels like there's a huge amount of additional detail, but what it's done is just removed layers of mush. It's a wonderful piece of kit, and I cannot stop playing records until silly o'clock.

Chops54, someone's been taking pot-shots at your tonearm with a small calibre air pistol.

Is that your way of achieving the CD-like convenience of track skipping?

BTW lovely Garrard and plinth.

Here is my system, which resides in my office/man cave.

Some may call it a bit of a mongrel system, but it works.

LP12/Ittock/Lingo/Denon 301
NAP72 (Neil's upgrade cards are on order)
HiCap
Benchmark DAC
Cambridge 840C (junk)
Conrad Johnson MV50 (maybe the best amp I've ever heard)
Stirling LS3/5A, V2
Skylan Stands

whole_stereo.jpg

Here is my system, which resides in my office/man cave.

Some may call it a bit of a mongrel system, but it works.

LP12/Ittock/Lingo/Denon 301
NAP72 (Neil's upgrade cards are on order)
HiCap
Benchmark DAC
Cambridge 840C (junk)
Conrad Johnson MV50 (maybe the best amp I've ever heard)
Stirling LS3/5A, V2
Skylan Stands

whole_stereo.jpg

Nice setup, love the Stirling's!

Are they Valencias Mika? Lovely speakers. What have you got powering them?
Apologies for the late answer as was abroad for few days and came back yesterday evening. And thanks for the compliment ;)

The speakers are Valencias, or actually Iconics to be more exact. They are the first iteration of the more common Valencia 846A and 846B models. I use Shindo amps to power them. Have lately started a little project to investigate the possibilities of these as will utilize 360l Onken cabinets by Jean Hiraga plans and possibly do also some other modifications later. You can read some information of the projects from http://www.inner-magazines.com/news/248/68/My-Altec-Valencia-Iconics/ if interested..

Chops54, someone's been taking pot-shots at your tonearm with a small calibre air pistol.

Is that your way of achieving the CD-like convenience of track skipping?

BTW lovely Garrard and plinth.

Audiomods Rega, the tube came like that. If I get another and I would, it's a great arm, I think I'd just have it drilled underneath.

The plinth was a quick lash up so I could get to hear the Garrard. I made it bigger so I get my 12 inch arm on it. Thanks for the compliment btw.

Nothing new really. ...just tried to make some sort of arty sideview systempic. ;)

systempic_right-side_view.JPG

Squeezebox Touch, then Metrum Acoustics NOS DAC, a Naim Nait 5i and finally a Diapason Micra mkIII on Target stand.

The Melody is working really well for me. To my ears the Melody has many of the attributes of the Naim boxes (PRAT, forward sound, controlled bass) but does have that valve warmth. Vinyl sounds significantly better than the Naim IMO and my digital source sounds much more refined and has more bottom end grunt.
I'm a happy man and have never been as content with my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back