advertisement

System pics 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll post some pics of my system in 2012 :) once the flamin trees out the way!

But until then it's:

Olive 4HD -> Perreaux 150i (internal DAC and phono modules) -> ATC SCM20SL's.

Very classy!
(except maybe for the veneer mismatch)

Ah mismatch smishsmatch :p Thanks though!

Gromit, what happened to the Pioneer? I thought you'd decided it had the edge over the sl1210? Mine's got the Isonoe's, Jelco SA-750, a LM317 based external PSU, modded SDS platter mat with a Herbie's mat on top and a DL-103 Pro. I play a lot of electronic music, so it seems like the natural choice. Plus, I think for the money, the level of industrial design and engineering it offers is silly good. I like my Technics!

Gromit, what happened to the Pioneer? I thought you'd decided it had the edge over the sl1210? Mine's got the Isonoe's, Jelco SA-750, a LM317 based external PSU, modded SDS platter mat with a Herbie's mat on top and a DL-103 Pro. I play a lot of electronic music, so it seems like the natural choice. Plus, I think for the money, the level of industrial design and engineering it offers is silly good. I like my Technics!

Hi JD - the Pioneer is now in the hands of Mr Jerry (he of the 'Wam and boxswapper extra-ordinaire). The 1210's sounding very good now - been doing a lot of playing around with feet/siting of the turntable these last few days and hit upon a set up which really works will in my system.

Mods to mine now are TimeStep HE psu, Vantage Audio bearing, VA feet, Funk Achromat and the Sumiko headshell. Richard at Vantage has been extremely helpful through all this - his views are quite interesting and don't necessarily fit the present 'norm'. Should be noted that he's been modding/servicing Technics TT's for nearly 30 years; what he doesn't know about them etc etc. Thing is, not everyone's heard of him, he's been quietly working away at what he does all this time and clearly has a vast wealth of experience. Also, to witness the work he's done on other big DD turntables - the full strip and re-build of Theo's stunning Trio L-07D is one I've seen and heard. Fabulous. :)

Couple more of my DJ deck...

DSC00051_2.jpg

Showing the tiny-thin cantilever of the SAS jico stylus...

DSC00053_2.jpg

That wouldn't be a 124 under that lid, would it? Y'know, a tidy set-up like that deserves much more photographic emphasis. What is the kit shown on that rather nice chunky (bespoke?) table?

Thorens TD 124 in Russ Collinson Plinth, SME 3009 Series II improved, Denon DL110, Rega Fono Stage, Rega Saturn CD, Densen Beat 100 MK V integrated acting as Passive Pre amp, Tsakiridis Apollo Mono Blocks (6CA7 Electro Harmonix Valves), Totem Hawk Speakers.

Rack isn't bespoke but you could be forgiven for thinking so the way the Apollos fit.

I've previously posted pics of the 124 and was hightlighting the glow of the Apollos this time.

That 124 is beautiful. How do the older SME arms compare to more modern designs?

Also - orginal Blue Monday cover spotted...

Lovely system there Gerard.

I've heard good things about the Tsakiridis range of amplifiers. Must get a proper listen sometime.....

Lefty

Wow, I've seen a couple of Harbeths set-up and would like to add more Harbeths with different combination. Here is my peasant Harbeths Tiger Ebony C7ES3 mainly driven by 3 Naim electronics. Although the dedicated room also house my AV system, priority is given to Hi-Fi system

img_0212.jpg

img_0213.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back