advertisement

System pics 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Art,

Have I missed something ?! Didn't you used to have a Sonneteer amp and Rega CD-player ?

Also I see you got yourself some nice new stands. Looks great with the Harbeth'.

cheers,
Alco

Yes, I used to have a Sonneteer Alabaster and Rega Saturn but circumstances forced me to sell them. The good news is that I get great performance from the pieces that I have. Beautiful music always happening around here.

Thanks all for the kind words :)

are they Music Tools 'Tool One' perhaps ?

They are indeed.

Another photo - from a different angle that also shows a little bit how the listening area opens up to a larger space from the sides (plus the previous one seems to be over exposed):

teme_set_4_small.jpg

Br,
Teme

Teme - you are a brave man placing that kind of load (vinyl) over your equipment. I don't think the ikea piece was ever designed to hold that kind of load, even with proper anchoring given its internal construction (think eggcell).

Looks very nice though.

Teme - you are a brave man placing that kind of load (vinyl) over your equipment. I don't think the ikea piece was ever designed to hold that kind of load, even with proper anchoring given its internal construction (think eggcell).

A very good point. I think the recommended load for that shelf is 20kg and I added three additional supports (good for 10 or 15 kg each) to make it more secure. I then tested it for a few days with a substantially heavier load than what it carries today to see if it will hold. It did and it has for a couple of years now without any deformation of the supports, the shelf or the attachment points. Having said this, I am planning on moving the vinyl to the larger, floorstanding Ikea Expedit shelf that sits behind the listening seat and using the shelf above the set for lighter items...

Br,
Teme

Present state of affairs...

IMG_7109.jpg

DSC00006_2.jpg

And the slightly-tweaked SL1210 (some of it's visible)...

IMG_7166.jpg

What is the Shure like? I have one with an unknown status stylus - always wondered whether it was trying a new stylus for it.

Thanks, Richard

What is the Shure like? I have one with an unknown status stylus - always wondered whether it was trying a new stylus for it.

Thanks, Richard

Hi - this one's wearing a Jico SAS tip which I got for it earlier this year - I was very kindly given the M75 body by a fellow PFM-er which had a trashed stylus so it was ripe for up-grading.

I'm very chuffed with it - preferred it to a DL110 in fact which is itself a non-too-shabby performer. It's crisp, with a really clean and clear top end (that posh tip doing its stuff) but with lots of drive and a spacious presentation. Obviously the cartridge body doesn't have the best mounting arrangement, no doubt not being the most rigid affair and am wondering if something chould be done about this, maybe fill the plastic body/can interface with Araldite or some such.

Hi - this one's wearing a Jico SAS tip which I got for it earlier this year - I was very kindly given the M75 body by a fellow PFM-er which had a trashed stylus so it was ripe for up-grading.

I'm very chuffed with it - preferred it to a DL110 in fact which is itself a non-too-shabby performer. It's crisp, with a really clean and clear top end (that posh tip doing its stuff) but with lots of drive and a spacious presentation. Obviously the cartridge body doesn't have the best mounting arrangement, no doubt not being the most rigid affair and am wondering if something chould be done about this, maybe fill the plastic body/can interface with Araldite or some such.

Cheers - as a DL110 user, that is food for thought :)

Richard

Nice one Dave. I wondered how long it would be until a 202 arrived. Steve brought his and the Berning over the other week. Very nice indeed.

James

PS - Nice rug ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back