advertisement

Suggestions for a Kid who is in need of a new record player!

Local papers and physical noticeboards are a good place to check too, good old boy selling his system because his hands are shakey and his ears are shot isn't typically going to put it on eBay!

Local papers and physical noticeboards are a good place to check too, good old boy selling his system because his hands are shakey and his ears are shot isn't typically going to put it on eBay!

Exactly how I got my LP12 back in 2007...for £200 :)

7 Day Shop have got a portable briefcase job in at £37+del. Yes, it's going to sound crap, but he can carry it round to his mates' places which may be worth it.

Guys Guys....seriously...I'm in North Ireland here......steady on lol. It's absolutely wonderful hearing all he suggestions and indeed the offers of bits and bobs. I'll have a look on the local Gumtree as well as ebay local sales. If I can find him a half decent TT I'm thinking I might just give him my Kitchen amp as it's time I scratched that upgrade itch.

My Son was given a turntable and speakers by a very kind gent on here and when the upgrade time came we gave them to a lad in a similar position with an old amp he was over the moon, it would be great if we could cobble together a set up for him too.
Has he tried the local charity shops? I assume you have Freecycle? might be worth a try.
Only last week I gave away a 70s Panasonic amp to a lad at work he was over the moon.

advertisement

Back