advertisement

Strange Light

eternumviti

Insufficient privileges to reply.
And a red sun.

Apparently it is caused by smoke from forest fires in Portugal and Spain being pulled in by Ophelia. It scatters the short-wave blue wavelength, allowing only longer-wave red light through.

The autofocus on my camera stopped working. I guess AF must use the different light wavelengths?

And a red sun.

Apparently it is caused by smoke from forest fires in Portugal and Spain being pulled in by Ophelia. It scatters the short-wave blue wavelength, allowing only longer-wave red light through.

The autofocus on my camera stopped working. I guess AF must use the different light wavelengths?

Actually it's the Day of Judgement. All that stuff about dust particles is propaganda put out by the devil to lull us into a false sense of security.

Why would the devil want to create a full sense of security? I'd say panic and mayhem would be his thang.

Why would the devil want to create a full sense of security? I'd say panic and mayhem would be his thang.

If we were panicking, we'd be begging God for forgiveness and repenting our sins. If we think it's just dust, the devil will be able to drag us down to Hell with our sins unforgiven.

The dull orange light in Chippenham, Wiltshire was certainly very spooky this morning. Saw the "red sun" news on the BBC web site so went to have a look and thought "photo opportunity". As eturnumviti it played havoc with autofocus but I managed to get a few pics. This is the reddest/most red!

Red Sun by Anthony Pugh, on Flickr

Between 3.30 and 4ish the sky in Banstead Surrey was a very eerie and quite bright yellow/lime, now just past 5 it seems more or less back to normal.

Still weird orange light here on E Sussex coast. Been odd all day and eerily calm considering what's happening not that far away to the West of us.

It looked orange for untill about 2pm here in Somerset, then we had about an hour of very warm sunshine, and now looking average, still warm for mid October though.

The world looked cross processed this afternoon in London. Unfortunately I had a B&W film with me, so not making the best of it.

The N Isles were covered in very thick cloud - 15:30 it looked like sunset.
There was an odd reddy brown hue to the sky too.

The N Isles were covered in very thick cloud - 15:30 it looked like sunset.
There was an odd reddy brown hue to the sky too.

Same in North East Scotland, my mother's electric curtains are on a light sensor and closed at 15.00 over 2 hours earlier than normal for this time of year. Light under the cloud was really odd.

I filmed this on super 8, time lapse - but worried the cartridge might have jammed!

The film is being processed so fingers crossed - it was amazing to be able to watch through a telephoto lens anyway.

mat

^^^Electric curtains; now there's a thing!

My Dad built a system in 1949 - Cocoa tins full of metal rectifiers and GPO relays, don`t know what motor he used but apparently the people downstairs complained about the rumbling noise shaking ornaments off their shelves.

advertisement

Back