advertisement

Steve Jobs stereo system 1982

Here is a threshold fet one. The knobs are right - but maybe not the color. The vintage and brand is what I would expect.

threshold_fet_one.jpg

Yes, and that room is a tad bare.....

Deck looks like a very early Gyro.

I thought the same, pretty sure it's going to sound pretty awful in there, I remember, a good many years back, trying my LP12 - Nait2 - Royd Apex gear in a bare room when I was decorating, it sounded truly terrible...

Looks like a receiver, maybe sansui or marantz although it is very unusual that the knobs are on the dark part of the fascia, usually it was the other way round...

Looks like a receiver, maybe sansui or marantz although it is very unusual that the knobs are on the dark part of the fascia, usually it was the other way round...

Steve Jobs wouldn't allow a sansui or marantz in his pad!

I think its something very high tech, cutting edge and from the US. Something that an Acoustat Model 3 owner would have. Something expensive.

Louballoo

A rug is good for Lebowski :

lebowskirug.jpg

Steve had some connection to Zen Buddhism, so it looks more like a Zen meditation room...

"Steve studied Zen Buddhism in his youth. He often said that he thought of becoming a monk up in a monastery in Japan instead of starting Apple, but his guru Kobun Chino convinced him otherwise. That same Zen master was a spiritual adviser at NeXT and married Steve and Laurene in Yosemite in 1991."

http://www.allaboutstevejobs.com/being/being.html

;)

advertisement

Back