advertisement

STAX SR-X Versions

DrJazz

Hi Hoping the STAX gods can help me out. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the versions Mk1/2/3 of the STAX SR-X?
Specifically is the any difference in the body.
I ask as i currently have both the Mk1 & the Mk3 but I also have a NOS pair of Gamma Pro Stators & a new flat braid cable so I'm looking to upgrade a pair to SR-X Pro status. Personally I'm very impressed with the Mk3 so would rather upgrade the Mk1's however I'm unsure if the Stators where the only upgrade between versions e.g. would I be better upgrading the MK3's if there where also other upgrades to the body of the headphones (Or even better finding another pair of Mk3's with knackered Stators)
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Seems there's a new entryl level SR-X1 model coming around May - price circa $500.

Hi Hoping the STAX gods can help me out. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the versions Mk1/2/3 of the STAX SR-X?
Specifically is the any difference in the body.
I ask as i currently have both the Mk1 & the Mk3 but I also have a NOS pair of Gamma Pro Stators & a new flat braid cable so I'm looking to upgrade a pair to SR-X Pro status. Personally I'm very impressed with the Mk3 so would rather upgrade the Mk1's however I'm unsure if the Stators where the only upgrade between versions e.g. would I be better upgrading the MK3's if there where also other upgrades to the body of the headphones (Or even better finding another pair of Mk3's with knackered Stators)
Any advice greatly appreciated.
I have had all three SRX versions, just to disappoint you, my preference was for the Stax SRX3 MK2, for me the MK2 was the most musical.

All three use exactly the same head band and enclosures for the drivers.

All not driven by a high end energizer. :(

This doesn't really help you, sorry M8.

advertisement

Back