advertisement

Star Trek: Original Series • Discovery • Picard • Lower Decks • Prodigy • Strange New Worlds

Wash: "Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction."

Zoe: "We live in a spaceship, dear."

Yomanze,

I sure hope so, but nothing since the original series has been able to top this.

It's a tough act to follow: "Ohhhhhhh, look at that. You got another jack. How lucky you are. How wonderful for you!"

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
My nerdy 1960s worlds have collided...

Bones popping up is awesome.

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
It does all seem familiar. Like the TNG hype.

Of course, there is the theory of the mobius. A twist in the fabric of space where time becomes a loop...

I thought episode one was very good! The excellent CG and overall high production values reminded me of The Expanse.

I liked the retro bridge noises, including the door swish. And the positive female role models.

Pity about the plot, acting, weird desire to have an emotional character history right at the beginning, uniforms, baroque Klingons, lens flare...

Hopefully they just went a bit mad at the beginning and it will knuckle down into something worth watching. TNG was very ropey at the beginning.

It's still better than Enterprise.

(And they will have to go into the future to have the cross over episode with TOS, and have another wonderful excuse why the Klingons are different)

advertisement

Back