advertisement

Star Trek: Original Series • Discovery • Picard • Lower Decks • Prodigy • Strange New Worlds

Nic,

Let me get you a birthday cake for the occasion.

star-trek-spock-cake.jpg

Joe

I'm actually really excited by this (and not fishing for birthday wishes): The first ever scenes on the bridge of the Enterprise were filmed the day I was born!
http://www.startrekhistory.com/cagepage.html

Monday 11/30/64
Stage 15
Bridge Scenes
Susan Oliver rehearses
the Vina dance routine

Vuk used a slightly wrong verb. English is not his first language, he mentioned at least once....

That’s a relief.

I had visions the final titles, long as they already are, stretching into infinity with the recursive nature of needing someone to play a stunt double, and them needing one, and them needing one, and so on ad infinitum.

Bob,

I apologize that this egregious error caused such great confusion and no doubt distress. It is my sincere wish that you can rest and be at ease now that it has been corrected.

Joe

Bob,

Sure, have some waffles. I might jump through the Guardian of Forever and go back to a time before my egregious error was made to correct it — even though that would risk changing the pfm timeline.

Joe

Last time you did that, couple of months ago, pfm lost a whole day. Don't mess with things we don't understand (unless you can fetch me the 1964 Laurel Goodwin, and she agrees to be my personal yeoman).

Man, I'm getting old — Star Trek: The Motion Picture debuted 38 years ago today. I know a lot of people hated this film but I kinda liked it.

i liked it a lot and still can't understand why others don't (well, not really -- i do have some good guesses).

Vuk,

In an episode of The Big Bang Theory, Sheldon tried to make the argument that Star Trek: The Motion Picture is worse than Star Trek V.

I've never heard something so ridiculous in my life! Star Trek V is so bad that it's the Star Trek V of Star Trek movies.

Joe

the person who wrote that bit of script for sheldon is totally wrong. sheldon always likes the same things as i do, except when the writers get it wrong or a product placement is to blame... as in the case of his operating system -- that's by far the most implausible thing on the whole show and i cringe with anger like worf when they mention it. every person in the world who is even 10% sheldon runs GNU-linux. that is a demographic fact.

Man, I'm getting old — Star Trek: The Motion Picture debuted 38 years ago today. I know a lot of people hated this film but I kinda liked it.

I adored it on release and still do. Apart from the original wing-walk shot which got fixed later. That, and Singin' In The Rain, I could watch every day.

Nic,

You and I think much alike. I know, I know, a thousand questions. But first, the tranya.

giphy.gif

Joe

Quentin Tarantino Might be directing the next film....

isn't that risky, given all the sexual assault stuff that's coming out? surely somebody as adolescent as tarantino is treading on eggshells right now.

advertisement

Back