advertisement

Star Trek: Original Series • Discovery • Picard • Lower Decks • Prodigy • Strange New Worlds

Technically Gary Seven is holding a cat, so Teri Garr's character is technically there.

Could that be Landru next to the left of the US flag from "eeb pleb neestra"?

Oh-no. I will turn in my tricorder, leave this landing party, beam back to the ship, leave at the next starbase and retire to Miri where I will teach the children regret, self loathing and other complicated emotions that they couldn't inherit from their parents.

If you think the plot requires it, I could always don a red shirt and wander off by myself, maybe behind a painted polystyrene boulder, or in a supposedly natural cave with an oddly flat floor.... ?

Jonathan,

Your recovery was logical. Flawlessly logical.

No agony booth for you.

Joe

Is the green thing supposed to be Melvin Belli?

And I guess the lady in the fur coat behind Joan Collins IS Mariette Hartley?

Yank,

Yup, the green glowy thing is the gorgan.

friendly%2Bangel.jpg

The woman in the fur coat is Zarabeth.

zarabeth1.jpg

Joe

Even bigger.

Star_Trek_Remaster_for_Shopify_copy_2048x2048.jpg

Now you can see what the Horta wrote on the obelisk.

Joe

I find it interesting that some episodes are represented by multiple figures. For example we have both Balok and his scary doppleganger, both matter and antimatter Lazarus, two Thralls from Triskellion, the March Hare and Finnegan, two Pikes and a Keeper, Frank Gorshin and Lou Antonio. Zephriam Cochrane and Nancy Hedford, Dr. Sevrin and Adam...

And then there's a pair of actors who played two different roles - Mark Lenard as the Romulan captain and as Sarek, and Diana Muldaur as Dr. Ann Mulhall and Dr. Miranda Jones.

Trailers from the new series, which will debut in North America, and probably elsewhere, next month. Skip them if you're concerned about spoilers, such as they are.

Two of the actors looked familiar in the clips and I was wracking my brains, trying to figure out who they are. Then it occurred to me -- hey, I'm on a computer that's connected to the interweb. Why not try the google?

Actor 1: Michelle Yeoh, who will play Philippa Georgia, the captain of the Shenzhou. I rewatched Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon recently, so that's why she looked familiar to me in the clip.

[YOUTUBE]cSmcbrL-POk[/YOUTUBE]

Actor 2: Jason Isaacs, who will play Gabriel Lorca, the captain of the Discovery. He's the bloke who plays Lucius Malfoy in the harry Potter films.

Anyway, some clips for the Trekkies here.

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
New Star Trek series debuts here this weekend. I'll give it a chance, but I hope it doesn't blow.

OpDPTrc.jpg

Joe

My Canadian cousins have excitedly informed me this is the first Trek to be filmed in Canada. Obviously I pointed out that it was only partially filmed in Canada as most of it is filmed in Outer Space.

PS If you have the misfortune to watch Fox's Star Trek wannabe Orville then feel free to sign my petition calling for the perpetrators to be tracked down and burnt alive.

Monday here in the UK via Netflix. I will still tut about it being Pike era Enterprise if really "10 years before Kirk", and the lack of wooly collars on uniforms etc. But I shall put on my lucky socks in the hope that they will be well and truly knocked off.

advertisement

Back