advertisement

Star Trek: Original Series • Discovery • Picard • Lower Decks • Prodigy • Strange New Worlds

When can we discuss / complain about the latest episode?

Joe

It was all swears last night, what a shame your kids cannot watch it. I mentioned to the wife that torture of a captain didn't happen to season 6 on next gen.

"There are four lights!"

When can we discuss / complain about the latest episode?

Joe

Joe

Given the number of times of had to avoid Battlestar Galactica threads because I always binge watched at the end of the series via iTunes, I think 24 hours after being available is fine.

Jonathan

They still seem to be rushing. The plot, dialogue, many faceted backstories... ...and now it looks like audience testing with the hard of thinking focus group in deepest Iowa has led then to introduce a new fresh faced chap hero type to allow identification with. I'm imagining feedback cards with "don't be letting the girls drive the spaceships in these parts, y'hear!" - in crayon with some of the letters backwards.

They still seem to be rushing. The plot, dialogue, many faceted backstories... ...and now it looks like audience testing with the hard of thinking focus group in deepest Iowa has led then to introduce a new fresh faced chap hero type to allow identification with. I'm imagining feedback cards with "don't be letting the girls drive the spaceships in these parts, y'hear!" - in crayon with some of the letters backwards.

My bet is that the "fresh faced chap hero" is a Klingon plant.

My bet is that the "fresh faced chap hero" is a Klingon plant.

There is no honour in that!

Today is a good day to {sneak a spy into Star Fleet to expose the secret of the new ship and stack the odds in our favour so that in battle there is no real chance that we will} die!

There is no honour in that!

Today is a good day to {sneak a spy into Star Fleet to expose the secret of the new ship and stack the odds in our favour so that in battle there is no real chance that we will} die!

It is not as if we have not seen Klingons being sneaky in the past, erm, future.

No mention of the classic Trek character thrown in for no apparent reason?

Why not just have a McGuffin from other popular show each week?

Derek "Del Boy" Trotter walks onto the bridge and pilfers a tricorder. Where are they by the way?

Stephen

Here's the thing that bugs me about last night's episode — even if Captain Kirk had been double-crossed or sold out by Harcourt Fenton Mudd, he would not have left him behind in the Klingon prison ship. The Federation is at war, but as Bones pointed out in Day of the Dove you don't keep hacking at a man after he's down.

I expect better from the Federation and especially of a Starfleet captain.

I assume we're not supposed to like Lorca. OK, but that's shaky ground because the captain in any of the series has been likable if not downright admirable. I can't help but think that Gene wouldn't be pleased.

Joe

advertisement

Back