advertisement

Star Trek: Original Series • Discovery • Picard • Lower Decks • Prodigy • Strange New Worlds

Have a listen. I used to get paid to sort this stuff out.

Having the tools/knowing how to work them is not the same as knowing when and what to do ;)

No detection of a hint of sarcasm in my post then?

You're right though—once people knew how to do this stuff via BBC training.

Now anyone with Garageband is an audio engineer.

Stephen

I know it's early in the new series, but it's bugging me that the Federation and Star Fleet are looking kind of fascist -- starting wars, doing questionable research, highjacking science programs for nefarious ends, etc.

Maybe the idea is for the Federation to spiral downward before it spirals back up, but so far I'm not seeing much exploring of strange new worlds, seeking out of new life and new civilizations, or boldly going where Nomad has gone before.

C'mon, somebody risk an emergency restart of the warp engines already!

[YOUTUBE]S-S4JpRkvUE[/YOUTUBE]

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
I want whale mindmelds and hortas and flying barfs and disembodied brains in a salad bar thingy and Kanutu women.

whale-spock2.jpg

latest

Operation_Annihilate_136.jpg

why.jpg

750full-nancy-kovack.jpg

I'm slightly disturbed that the Klingon spelling has changed a bit. In the same way Koran is now Q'oran. The old Klingons couldn't be mistaken for the Ruskies (although maybe the Romulans could), but is this loose alliance of warring clans coming together to battle the Federation some kind of ISIS metaphor?

Hmmm

JR,

Proper form would dictate that the second Hmmm be Hmmm 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Joe

Stephen,

No, Hmmm 3 would be the Search for Hmmm.

Hmmm 4 would be the Voyage Hmmm.

We do not speak of Hmmm 5.

Joe

Is this actually Star Trek? I'm really enjoying it, which doesn't make sense. Shouldn't there be an earnest six-episode story arc about a robot learning the meaning of "love", mind-numbing debates on rights to an asteroid on the border between the Ferengi and the Kardashians, that kind of thing?

I am missing the long drawn out discussions in the conference room.

Escapist sci-fi is important to give you relief from the hum-drum nature of work.

Anyway, I think I've figured out a Lean Six Sigma methodology for defeating The Borg.

Almost relieved Michelle Yeoh's character was killed off early. Shes a great actress, but it really showed that English is her second language.

Almost relieved Michelle Yeoh's character was killed off early. Shes a great actress, but it really showed that English is her second language.

is that really so important?

to me, she was easily, the most interesting and real person. the person they should have killed off is james frain, who i always find annoying. can;t understand how he ever made it in show business.

i keep forgetting to watch the next episode.

clearly, i no longer fit in to polite society. seriously.

vuk.

advertisement

Back