1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Squeezebox App and iOS11

Discussion in 'audio' started by neilo7, Oct 12, 2017.

1. neilo7

neilo7 One day I'll stop upgrading

I don’t use it myself but just wondering if anyone had noticed the Squeezebox app is not supported on iOS 11? Presumably it must be only 32bit. Surely they would still be planning to update it..

2. AndyU

AndyU pfm Member

iPeng works fine on iOS 11.

3. neilo7

Yeah that’s what I use myself.

4. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Probably not

5. garyi

garyi leave blank

Logitech have not updated squeezebox app in many years. But indeed ipeng does the job well.

6. neilo7

Indeed and it still ran well. Unfortunately with iOS11 on 64but apps will work.

7. jack8000

jack8000 pfm Member

apologies guys a little off topic but does anyone know if Squeezebox now works with non Logitech servers e.g. Asset? I recall when I used Squeezebox many years ago it would only work with SqueezeCentre if my memory recalls correctly, has anything changed?

8. adamdea

adamdea pfm Member

I think you can use it as a UPnP renderer. But there have been other developments too. I believe it can also work as a UPnP server
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...rate-UPnP-DLNA-players-with-LMS-(squeeze2upnp)

9. adamdea

adamdea pfm Member

10. jack8000

jack8000 pfm Member

thanks I'll check them out