advertisement

Spotify will end support for LMS soon!

Apparently there is a way around it, someone was discussing it on one of the other forums, won't say which (unless the Admin's here are happy for me to).

I know, but I had to change the package on my NAS from the official one. All is running smoothly now though.

Given that the official plug-in recently deprecated non-Premium use, will 'Spotty' reinstate this, or will I still have to plan on going Premium?

Thanks for the warning. I use the Triode plug-in and would have panicked when Spotify disappeared. Now to take a deep breath and install Spotty (I hate fiddling with LMS even though the results are worth it!)

Thanks for the warning. I use the Triode plug-in and would have panicked when Spotify disappeared. Now to take a deep breath and install Spotty (I hate fiddling with LMS even though the results are worth it!)
Spotty works fine for me, at least on my pi and my debian desktop. Max2play are also working on spotify connect.

It did the trick described in the link and upgraded to an unofficial version of LMS. Everything is running smoothly and Spotify will keep working on my Squeezebox Touch.

Great, all sorted with little fuss.

I'll see can I find it when I get home. Do I uninstall spotify

I followed the instructions linked in post#4, and did things in that order. I have LMS running on Windows and had to download and run a Microsoft C++ file, but that was linked to during the setup process. The whole thing took me about 15 minutes.

I'll see can I find it when I get home. Do I uninstall spotify
It depends how you are currently doing it. I think you need to either install spotify protocol handler or uninstall the triode plugin if you have either of them working. Just follow the thread on forums slimdevices and if you have trouble someone will help you out.

advertisement

Back