advertisement

Spin Cd Please beware of this company!.

Wayne C

pfm Member
I had two Carpenters “The Vinyl Collection” , box sets on pre order with a company called SpinCd which is based up North somewhere. In a nutshell I paid out £260 via my visa debit card to pre order two vinyl boxed sets in October. It is safe to say that I won’t be getting these as they have removed the set from their site and ain’t answering emails and the phone is off the hook permanently. Don’t buy from this company as they won’t honour your pre orders, I have heard on the Carpenters forum that they have had issues getting stock due to a breakdown in communication with supplier. They ain’t contacted me about this or replied to any of my 6 emails requests.
These were presents for my mum and another family member.

Alright Wayne, hope you are keeping well otherwise.

If I were in your shoes try and cancel this if you can, reading elsewhere it seems there's quality control issues and the pressings are generally s**t;-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076BWQY9H/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

Best

Darren

The company won’t be getting any stock of it anyways , the phone is off the hook, they have refunded another guy on Monday of this week but they haven’t bothered to refund either myself or another person I know who also pre ordered it from them. They haven’t even bothered to reply to any of my email requests about a refund!.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
That's bad.

Luckily I've never had any trouble with ordering from Spin myself - I was considering pre-ordering the Donald Fagen vinyl box a few weeks back from them, glad I didn't now....

Used them a fair bit on & off down the years, without the slightest problem. Maybe they've run into difficulties....

I always pay for bigger purchases by credit card now, knowing that it's relatively easy to get a refund from them if all else fails.
I managed last year to get a deposit of around £400 for some repair work (non hi-fi) refunded by Barclaycard, with little hassle, just a short form to fill in.
I don't know much about chargeback, but I think if the trader has gone out of business it doesn't apply ?

Has anyone managed to get a successful order with these recently!, they told me today on the phone that they won’t be getting any stock of this item and will provide a refund immediately for my £260 to my card , the chap had the cheek to say he was doing it there and then, 4pm hours later no sign of any refund, I phoned up Spin another chap answered saying oh the refund request had conveniently been sent to their accounts dept which as it happens isn’t also conveniently located in the same premises!!. I really am pxxxed off with them now. They have an answer for everything. No refund as they promised to do, I told them they were presents for members of my family which I cannot afford to replace at short notice as money is tight and it also fell on deaf ears.

The use something called sagepay I don’t exactly know how about asking this company to intervene?.

They were bleeding quick to take money but don’t seem to be efficient at sending the same back to me as quickly - stay well clear !

They are still very much in business , tweet offers every day to suck more fools in

I have been waiting over a year for an item.

I think record companies say an item such as a live 5cd box set will be released (without giving a firm date) and Spin take orders and cash immediately. In my case the release has been put back at least 6 times so not entirely their fault.

They also get caught out on some big-name releases - when the last Zeppelin Vinyl series started for example they took pre-orders (and cash) and my pals all had theirs on the due date from Amazon etc. I eventually had my first order about 3 weeks after release from Spin and upon enquiring why was told it was due to unprecedented demand - BUT YOU HAD THE ORDERS AND CASH UP FRONT SO WHY "UNPRECEDENTED"?

I believe that they do read this forum.

As already suggested charge back will get your money back.
No fuss, no problem.

In future use a credit card.

Regarding the Problem with SpinCd here in the U.K. about this boxed set, after a week of endless emails to them and numerous phone calls they have refunded my purchase price. I wish they had done this without me having to continually contact them and consider reporting them to the relevant authorities. This doesn’t mean SpinCD haven’t got numerous issues but in the interest of fairness to them they have refunded me - eventually!. I will not ever buy from them though given these obvious problems. I don’t think they would of refunded me without email after email and phoning them three times a day.

advertisement

Back