advertisement

Speakers that sound good in corners or against the walls?

I was using mine with a very good 8W 300b amp and the difference going to a class A solid state amp was phenomenal, feedback from other TA Prime owners is they also use SS to sound their best with FirstWatt, Grandinote and Modwright being the best.

I'm going to try a Modwright kwi200 next week to see if it's better than the Sugden (I suspect it will be)

Might be worth trying yours with some SS as well.

I sold my Pass Labs X-250 which I loved to fund the 30w Audiopax 88s. Given some of my mates can be brutal with the volume, I don't think the horns would have lasted long:)
I get your drift but the Pax were my last ever buy and can take the windows out of the room if not careful so I'll rest easy with what I've got
p.s. the Grandinote are well named, wouldn't pay that for a car, let alone an amp.

Astronomically overpriced.

From what I understand the early ones are ok but the bass is a bit disconnected from the mids, browellm has some and knows quite a bit about the different models but I do fancy trying some one day.

Depending on size
Kans, Saras or Isobariks.
They insist on being as close to a wall as possible

Isobariks in corners don't sound good to me though

I have used Tannoy Revolution signatures firing out of corners, 10cm from walls. The front ported design is most likely helping here, but maybe there is something to be said for dual concentric in this corner configuration that works.

advertisement

Back