advertisement

Source for R-core Transformers

Jo Sharp

Pulls on doors marked push
Does anyone have info on where to buy these in Europe?

I tried the HiFi tuning.de website but it would appear (from my limited German language) that the partners have split (in the business sense ;) ) and there is no longer a link to the page with info on transformer orders.

As an alternative, does Les W supply the transformers used in the APXs as a separate item...I emailed him recently but no reply as yet.... (hello Les!?).

Thanks in advance...

Paul,

Thanks for the link.

How did you find the APX trannies - better than toroidals?

Jo

Never got round to comparing them with any toroids Jo,so couldn't say.

Nicely made though and very quiet.

Paul.

Originally posted by quickie
Nicely made though and very quiet.

I'll second that. I have tried a couple of different toroidals, mainly with the APX modules, and while the difference was not great a thin layer of grunge was removed. The toroidals I tried were on a par pricewise with the APX transformers, others were scavenged from dead Naim boxes

I suspect that trans-tronic is another of Les' babies as it's virtually next door to him.

Regards,

Mus

From Quickie:
Try the suppliers as well,they might sell direct.
Errr........sorry, wrong again Paul......

These transformers are made especially for yours truly with some very special techniques employed within. Transtronic will supply common or garden industrial no problem, but try asking them for the spec of the Avondales - you'll be met with a stoney silence.

Are the standard ones any good then Les?

I thought Jo was after some R-cores,not specifically yours as such.

Paul.

From Patrick:
Sprinkled with fairy dust perhaps Les?
What, for £22..?? You and I both know that fairy dust comes a lot dearer than that, don't we..??

Wassup Quickie, becoming a little world weary are we..?? Listen chum, if I gave you some buckshee - nay, paid you to take them off my hands, like everything you've ever owned, they would be on sale within a fortnight, wouldn't they..??

Les,

Thanks for the PM, have replied....

Paul,

I'd like to try an R-core ....and one of Mr W's 'specials' if available ...never hurts to compare and contrast.

having read the technical mumbo-jumbo on the sonic properties of different coil designs it would be interesting to see what differences there are in reality.

Jo

advertisement

Back