1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Sonos Lose the Plot

Discussion in 'audio' started by Bob McC, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

2. pocketkitchen

pocketkitchen Registered User

That should be released on April 1st. My word!

3. mercalia

mercalia pfm Member

reminds me of old fashioned music centres I have seen in the skip lol

4. merlin

merlin Avatar changed - Town names deemed offensive.

Cool.

5. Robert

Robert Tapehead

Modern take on the old Magnavox and RCA consoles. Has it’s place and can potentially sound good, though I’d expect more than a cheap Project apapted deck for the money.

6. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

My parents had a stereogram back in the 70s.

7. WAD62

WAD62 pfm Member

Their current offerings are effectively digital 'music centres', so this is in keeping with their all in one, compromised, and overly expensive products...;)

8. Beobloke

Beobloke pfm Member

Fantastic - love it!

Shame the turntable's not an autochanger, though...:D

9. thebiglebowski

thebiglebowski pfm Member

Looks like a Pro-ject TT and arm?

10. Beobloke

Beobloke pfm Member

11. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Talk about trying to cash in on a trend, I can hear their sales wonks now...

"quick, chuck a cheap TT in a wooden box and lets market it as a 'cool, retro sterogram' "

12. cheviot

cheviot pfm Member

Retro?
    I'd rather have a Clairtone.[​IMG]

13. tomh

tomh Switching over to AM

The article calls it a “vinyl player” rather than a turntable or record player. Kids these days :rolleyes:

14. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Box-swapper extraordinaire

As a Sonos fanboi of many years standing, this saddens me.

15. mikeyb

mikeyb pfm Member

Looks neat :D

16. manicatel

manicatel pfm Member

Play1 with integrated Alexa voice control also being launched imminently.

17. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Nearly 4 grand and it comes with an OM5E, which is a joke considering if you buy that TT on it's own it comes bundled with a 2M Red!

18. Andrew.B

Andrew.B pfm Member

That's awesome! I'd feel like Worf standing on the bridge of the Enterprise behind his tactical console, only the saucer section is a Record :D

19. Hempknight

Hempknight pfm Member

Their marketing team has their work cut out, how the hell do they expect to sell that!? and at such a high price ?? I guess separates have really fallen out of fashion, you could build a better sounding system for MUCH less.

20. JensenHealey

JensenHealey pfm Member

Which rather misses the point - there are a ton of people who don't want to know about hifi, or have any interest in making a system. Some, if they see a device that fits their pad or budget or lifestyle, will see this box and buy it. It will doubtless do what they need.