advertisement

SOLD... Tisbury passive preamp.

steveinspain

pfm Member
I bought this from @Tim Jones at the beginning of the month and like my also recently purchased Schitt Saga, it hums when plugged into my Leak Stereo 20 amp.
Again, it's a well known issue with this amp and not a problem with the Tisbury, which is just over a year old, has had very very little use by Tim, and maybe a minutes use by me.
It's pretty much mint with a nice wooden front which if very carefully examined has the lightest of signs of someone having turned the volume know up and down - I can send pictures if you are interested. I didn't notice until checking as I write this.
I paid £70 inc UK delivery so that is what I'd like for what is said to be amongst the best passive pre's at its price.
It came very well boxed and will be sent on in the same way in the same box.

Edit - this thread was very helpful in my search and might be worth reading if you are a potential buyer!

I confess to being a little depressed that this is the second of two items I've sold recently that are now back up for sale.

In any case, I spent more than one evening with this very cost-effective passive and the Aleph 3 that are in my top three listeing sessions of all time.

Plus Steve is a pleasure to deal with (and isn't actually in Spain).

I confess to being a little depressed that this is the second of two items I've sold recently that are now back up for sale.

In any case, I spent more than one evening with this very cost-effective passive and the Aleph 3 that are in my top three listeing sessions of all time.

Plus Steve is a pleasure to deal with (and isn't actually in Spain).
Thanks Tim, sorry to be depressing you, but nothing at all to do with you or the Tisbury, which has already been sold to its next owner who will probably get a huge amount of pleasure from it!

advertisement

Back