advertisement

So I'm a Fujiholic

I would be if my X100 hadn't given up the ghost... well not totally, but the EVF/OVF is poggered. EVF just displays a pure white screen. OFV has a pure white translucent square overlaid on it. Camera works fine otherwise. I know it's gonna cost more than it's worth to fix it...

Bugger.

Congrats on your official status though! :)

I would be if my X100 hadn't given up the ghost... well not totally, but the EVF/OVF is poggered. EVF just displays a pure white screen. OFV has a pure white translucent square overlaid on it. Camera works fine otherwise. I know it's gonna cost more than it's worth to fix it...

You'd be surprised, I got a dead X-Pro1 fixed by fuji for a very reasonable price. Drop them a mail and see...

Fuji have fixed price repairs on their camera products. So whatever the fault with an X100 it will cost £xxx to get it fixed, you can quotes off their website https://repairs.fujifilm.eu/en/fujifilm-repair-centre/?zr=uk

Just 'accidentally' bought a Fujinon XF 90mm f2 used on eBay for £540, it has some dust behind the front element, which seems odd for a WR lens, but I suspect it will make no difference to the IQ anyway. My wife reckoned that a dusty lens a week before Xmas wouldn't attract too many bids, and therefore I put in a bid, and won it! Apparently that wasn't actually permission to buy it, but when I pointed out that I would mainly use it for photographing scantily clad young ladies, she just gave a me a funny look...

Anyway, that is my xmas present to me sorted out!

Just 'accidentally' bought a Fujinon XF 90mm f2 used on eBay for £540, it has some dust behind the front element, which seems odd for a WR lens, but I suspect it will make no difference to the IQ anyway. My wife reckoned that a dusty lens a week before Xmas wouldn't attract too many bids, and therefore I put in a bid, and won it! Apparently that wasn't actually permission to buy it, but when I pointed out that I would mainly use it for photographing scantily clad young ladies, she just gave a me a funny look...

Anyway, that is my xmas present to me sorted out!

I'm sure you won't be disappointed, it the sort of lens that demands wide open shooting so a bit of dust is never going to show.

David, I assume you used a template to build the website?

I’d suggest you re-title “About you” to something like “A little about me”.

Anyway, best of luck with your venture. :)

David, I assume you used a template to build the website?

I’d suggest you re-title “About you” to something like “A little about me”.

Anyway, best of luck with your venture. :)

My website , yes (Squarespace), thanks for feedback, a good idea!!

advertisement

Back