advertisement

Signal Projects Revita Record Cleaning Solution

BD-Audio

Trade: BD Audio
Revita is a concentrated cleaning liquid for vinyl records, based on an advanced alcohol free formula that contains non-toxic and non-flammable ingredients. Thanks to it's ultra thin molecular structure, Revita will penetrate effectively into the vinyl grooves and regardless of the depth and intensity of the print will efficiently and effectively regenerate their surface.

A gentle treatment is enough to remove static, to restore vinyl shine and to eliminate noises caused by dust, residues and moisture. Cartridge life expectancy is also increased.
A proper mix with distilled water will completely dry after treatment, without leaving any thin-walled layer on vinyl surface.

In practice, Revita will help phono cartridges to achieve the optimum contact with the grooves of records and to reveal all the printed information with higher accuracy and increased clarity.

Suggested mix:
-200ml Revita liquid with 5 litres of distilled water, or
-40ml Revita liquid with 1 litre of distilled water

Recommended use:
Revita is ideal for record cleaning machines and vinyl cleaning cloths

£40

http://www.bd-audio.co.uk/product/signal-project-revita-record-cleaning-solution/

This product has been laboratory tested and I hold a copy of the Material Safety Data Sheet, copies are available on request.

Some feedback from Matthew at Audiograil.....

'I bought a bottle of Revita from Jack and I have to say it works wonderfully. I usually use L'Art Du Son fluid but wanted to see if any improvements could be had. The Revita fluid seems to have a very nice suffricant and a fairly rapid evaporation time. I cleaned a few NM but soiled records in a bit of a shoot out with the L'Art Du Son and the Revita cleaned records had a superior sheen overall. I then cleaned some seriously soiled LPS and the Revita managed to budge mildew and cigarette tar very efficiently. For records like this I usually give them a good 2 min soak before scrubbing - In all cases the records visually and sonically came up very well indeed. '

Hi, I'm in the process of aquiring some small flip tip bottles so that I can send out some free samples.
If you are interested then please email me over at [email protected] for more details.

I am looking for experienced vinyl cleaners, let me know your current methods of cleaning, both manual or mechanical machine and the type if fluid you currently use.

Thanks,
Jack

Notice for testers, the fluid is diluted and ready to use from the bottle.

If anyone else would like a sample sent then please contact me.

Thanks,

Jack

Some more feedback....

'
Hi Jack
I have now cleaned 2 batches of records of 12 in each batch. I followed my usual routine but substituted the Revita for the MOFI Vinyl Wash, so Bugtussel Vinyl -Zyme, rinsed off with Revita then a final rinse with Revita.
Although I can not honestly say I heard any improvement in SQ, it was at least as good and I did find the Revita very pleasing to use. Its surface tension is such that it spreads pleasingly over the record surface, and it is more "slippery", so that the thread on the Loricraft got more lubrication and did not bunch up and get tangled in the extraction tube which normally happens at least once each batch.
I will be ordering a bottle and using using it in future.
Thank you for the opportunity to try it, it's always good to discover new things.
Kind regards
Clive

Some feedback from the customers I sent samples to.....

Jack thanks for the sample I finally got round to using last weekend. I use a KAB manual cleaner ( basically a manual nittygritty). I have been using moth solution up to now, the biggest problem I had with this was drying time, no matter how long i cleaned there was always some residue I had to wait to evaporate before I re sleeved the record. The revita solution works a treat not only did it get more gunk out of previously cleaned records but it evaporated much quicker. The records were really clean and in my limited experience of cleaning solutions this is the one to use. When my little bottle runs out I will be placing an order for some.

John

- - - Updated - - -

'Hi Jack

Thoughts and impressions on the sample of Revita record cleaning fluid, a little late but it's been too hot for record cleaning this past week or so!

This seems to do an excellent job. Used with my Okki Nokki RCM without a 'rinse cycle' all my test records played back better after cleaning, even new quality pressings from the likes of Pallas/QRP both looked and sounded better. Typically groove/surface noise seemed reduced and the sound is both smoother and more highly resolved somehow, a bit like having a new more expensive cartridge.

The Revita fluid left every record I tried with a nice vinyl sheen. A couple of LPs I had written off as lost causes were improved, this after trying everything from home brewed IPA based recipes to commercial products from MOFI, Kieth Monks, L'Art du Son and others, impressive results indeed.

The only problem with the Revita is that I am now going to have to fork out for a bottle, it really is great stuff.

Regards,Ralph.'

Some feedback from AudioGrail....

Finding a solution...
I usually use L'Art Du Son for cleaning duties but I've been wondering if improvements could be made. Jack over at BD Audio suggested 'Revita' non Alcohol based solution so I bought a bottle - The fluid has a very efficient suffricant and fast evaporation rate So far it's managed to shift everything I've thrown at it with aplomb!

11263103_1114333448584236_7212274128450185037_o by B-Dur, on Flickr

advertisement

Back