advertisement

Show us your film cameras...

gavreid

Pretty Words...
I hope you all want to play and feel free to add photos taken with said camera...

I'll kick off with my oldest and perhaps my favourite (and since I have the image handy), an Olympus 35SP rangefinder. 42mm lens f1.7 and the first camera of its kind with spot metering. Available from about 1969 and into the mid 70s - it even has glow in the dark paint for those parties with uv lamps! The PS 100 flash is pretty hard to come by these days.

_DSF0556-Edit.jpg by Gavin Reid, on Flickr

My all round favourite SLR by miles.

Contax 137MA, this one is mint.

https://flic.kr/p/GezYj8

Blimey i had one of those back in the day, lovely little thing. I had a 139 as well which was also sweet! My favourite 35mm SLR is my Canon EOS 1V without booster.... tiny, incredibly reliable and blinding autofocus. Also uses all the lenses i use for my 1DS3, a favourite of which is the 40f2.8 pancake, i have one on each of my 1V and 1DS3, almost as body caps:)

DSC_6337.jpg

DSC_6334.jpg

Model: MX. Fully manual. Set shutter speed. Set aperture. Adjust Focus. Shoot. My deliberate choice. Purchased new in 1980. By year 2000 it was in need of an sla. It got one from a friendly camera repair shop in Everett, Wa. Now it is good to go back to work. But I'm all digital nowadays, so I keep it boxed.

-Steve

3234077691_2af4a8acdc_o.jpg

My late ‘60s Nikkormat FTn. Not run a film through it for ages. I have a 50mm f2 and the 35mm f2.8 in the picture.

My late ‘60s Nikkormat FTn. Not run a film through it for ages. I have a 50mm f2 and the 35mm f2.8 in the picture.

I had one of those in the early 1970s, except mine wasn't black. I miss it, and don't remember why I don't have it anymore.

Canon A1, many 1000s of miles under the belt; with 17mm, 28mm & 80-200mm zoom + an AE1 for black & white it always came up with the goods. Still working, but needs new seals & a service:

38222627811_6ccc86c703_b.jpg

And here's my Hasselblad 203FE. It's one of the last hasselblad V series models (6x6 medium format), and so is compatible with all of their older lenses. With the newer lenses (like the 80/2.8 FE that is attached) it can actually operate in aperture priority mode, which is a bit of an innovation for these cameras. Still manual focus of course!

DSCF2570 by Cesare Ferrari, on Flickr

here is what I have got (library picture only) lurking in a camera bag upstairs....

d56ab52e01433f243612af15e716a0b8.jpg

DSC_4406_1024.jpg

My very battered F3, still used quite regularly, and working just fine, with some 25 year old 'fruit of its loins' hanging on the wall in the background. Raymond Trollat, St.Joseph legend, and Jean Thevenet, likewise in Viré-Clessé, almost certainly on HP5 or TriX 400.

g37UEPu.jpg

My old Olympus OM-1n, bought approx. 1978. I confess I don't use it nowadays but can't bear to part with it. There's still a film in it, heaven only knows what's on it!

Canon A1 + 50mm f1.4 as above; Kodachrome scan:

30648950065_ef1086f00c_b.jpg

Excellent image.

In the ‘70s I hankered after an AE1 (or, perhaps later when I’d understood how important size was, to me, an OM1), but had to cope with my father’s old Praktica - fully manual but a great camera with its Carl Zeiss lens, in truth.

I started with a Praktica MTL3 the bought a Olympus Om2n massive difference in build quality and didn't feel like an earthquake when you pressed the shutter button.

Pete

Canon A1 + 50mm f1.4 as above; Kodachrome scan:

30648950065_ef1086f00c_b.jpg

I hope that fellow isn't reading the Daily Telegraph. There's a DT bad proofreading/hieroglyphic joke in there somewhere, but its a bit early in the day for me to think of it.

It is a superb photo. Kodachrome was very contrasty, but you have held the exposure beautifully. The A1 is a lovely camera.

advertisement

Back