advertisement

Sgt Peppers - what an education!

CJ1045

You want Briks with that?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BEATLES-Sgt-P...ords?hash=item3ca596022e&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Found this when I was researching one of my copies - mine is YEX637-1 but has 3 at 9 o'clock which I presume means third pressing - not that I know much about such things!!

Clearly there are people WWWAYYYYY more obsessed with such things than I. Still it is very good to listen to this record for the first time (was an in-laws copy).

Must admit I am preferring the stereo remasters (at least those on the mono set) but do find the stereo at the start of Sgt Peppers very stange indeed.

CJ

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I'm going to check out my copy, it is also a early stereo as I bought it the week the record was released, though it does have just a plain white inner. This and my DMM white vinyl White Album may fund the box set of remasters :)

Also it was years later that I found the inner cardboard cut outs, so naturally they are pristine!

Should I 'win' the item on ebay, I don't think I'd collect it from the seller- one would never get away!
I binned the inner bag for my day of release mono Pepper when I discovered professional record cleaning back in '74. I profoundly regret that. Oh well.

[

Must admit I am preferring the stereo remasters (at least those on the mono set) but do find the stereo at the start of Sgt Peppers very stange indeed.

CJ[/QUOTE]

Drop some acid ' then listen to the stereo mix it will make more sense ' just a thought !

I've got the HiFi today supercut version , it sounds excelleant , I wonder what its worth???

I've seen mint Nimbus Super-Cuts go for well over a grand. VERY rare.

I'd love to hear one one day, have you ever compared it to anything else?

A Nimbus vs MFSL UHQR vs Original first pressing shoot out of Sgt Pepper
would be very interesting.

You would have to say that that first pressing looked pretty superb from the pics, and I'm almost surprised it went for under £1k.

I've seen mint Nimbus Super-Cuts go for well over a grand. VERY rare.

I'd love to hear one one day, have you ever compared it to anything else?

A Nimbus vs MFSL UHQR vs Original first pressing shoot out of Sgt Pepper
would be very interesting.

Interesting.....I have a truly mint copy of the Nimbus Super cut version. It sounds superb. Virtually no surface noise, clicks or pops. If it's worth a grand, it's going up for sale as soon as I get back home.

I also have a less than mint 1967 1st pressing (bought on the day of release). It's knackered by too many parties and plays on a crap Ultra record player, so probably not worth much.

Regards,

Chris

Have you guys heard the recently released reggae version "Lonely Hearts Dub Band" put out by the Easy Star All Stars? LP and CD. It's a cracker, IMO. :D

Regards,

Andy

advertisement

Back