1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Serial killer in France

Discussion in 'off topic' started by 7_V, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Can you hear Talvin Singh?

Taking it from the beginning, there are two different versions of the Creation in the Bible. Which is correct?

2. 7_V

7_V filtered for a nicer experienc

These are the basic tenets of Christianity. OT or NT, Joe?

3. avole

avole He who can, does. He who cannot, teaches.

I don't agree, a country at peace comprising Jews and Muslims in equal measure would be a true beacon of light. Building a fence to keep one group out is not, neither is behaviour like this http://www.lemonde.fr/proche-orient...-pour-les-droits-de-l-homme_1675895_3218.html .

I wouldn't say England has been a beacon of light for centuries, if it ever were one. I'd suggest Sweden over Denmark, which has become unpleasantly racist in some of its views.

4. 7_V

Do you know anything about the UN Human Rights Council (UNHRC)? Israel is absolutely correct to leave it and its record on human rights is far higher than many of the members. In fact it's amazing that Israel didn't leave many years ago.

5. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Steve, I had to laugh at the caption below the pic in the article you linked to. "Avigdor Lieberman has cut all ties with the UNHRC.". That's like saying Marine Le Pen or Eugene Terreblanche has cut all ties with the UNHRC. Mercifully neither are in office....

6. avole

avole He who can, does. He who cannot, teaches.

Rubbish. It was a childish reaction to a resolution that only one country voted against. What did Israel have to lose if you are correct? It could only have gained - unless, of course, there are problems.

7. PaulMB

PaulMB pfm Member

Regarding the Bible and the Christian Gospels, almost everything in the Gospels is a re-wording or simplification of principles already laid down in the Jewish Bible, including "doing unto others.." and "love they neighbour..."
    Jesus, after all, was not out to found a new religion, but was preaching to the Jews for a "renaissance" of Judaism itself.
    The main new element in Christianity was the scenario of Eternal Life, Resurrection, Heaven and Hell. But this idea was constructed by the various Christian hierarchies long after the death of Jesus, starting with St. Paul.

8. Still

Still gyldengourd

And they all lived happily ever after.
    Iiuc Israel left the UNHRC due to inability to cope with certain home truths.

9. PaulMB

PaulMB pfm Member

A single state comprising both Jews and Arabs would last about 10 minutes, just as the 1948 partition plan was already turning into war as the Brits were leaving.
    It might just be possible if the whole area of Israel + territories were in a vacuum, without any other country next door, but this is just fantasy of course.
    Incidentally, to some degree it already exists in that about 15% of the Israeli population is made up of Moslem Arabs, Christian Arabs and Druse.

10. ariegur

ariegur pfm Member

I wonder what should happen to make you understanding this area. Look what happens in Lebanon - before you suggest a state that Jewish people and Palestinians are living together. Two states to two people is the only solution here.

Arye

11. Greg

Greg 2t5b

Suffice to say his call for a return to the original values in Judaism were ignored by Judaism 1.0, then a whole heap of baggage added to Judaism 2.0 in the form of the church of Rome. What a pickle.

Who'd have thought Judaism 3.5 would fall out so badly with 1.0. Prophets can be such a pain.

12. 7_V

Of course, a childish reaction after 6 years of being attacked by this corrupt and utterly biased institution following many years of being attacked by its equally crappy predecessor the UNCHR, which was superceded for being biased and for the human rights record of its members.

You really should know a little about the subject before you post nonsense like this.

13. 7_V

So, a thread about anti-Semitism and the murder of innocent Jewish children in France has come to be an attack on Israel and now on Judaism itself, a subject which Greg knows next to nothing about.

This thread should be closed.

14. Greg

Greg 2t5b

Not remotely Steve, it was a light hearted remark actually regards the great Abrahamic religions and their obvious challenges.

15. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

<moderating>

That much at least we agree on. As I've said countless times before the Israel / Palestine issue is beyond the scope of this forum. I have to draw the line at publishing fundamentalist ideology, blog-grade idiocy / bigotry / revisionism and general irrationality. I need to keep pfm far above this kind of loony-tunes internet nonsense as it is my place of business.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.