advertisement

Scottish Football 2017-18

That is a very sore one indeed. The problem is even spending money a relative fortune for us we are still never going to get near a club like PSG in the CL. But don't forget Arsenal got gubbed 10-2 by Bayern earlier this year and we lost to them in Germany by only one goal. Hopefully we will still be in Europe after Christmas and we can push on in the Europa League.

That is a very sore one indeed. The problem is even spending money a relative fortune for us we are still never going to get near a club like PSG in the CL. But don't forget Arsenal got gubbed 10-2 by Bayern earlier this year and we lost to them in Germany by only one goal. Hopefully we will still be in Europe after Christmas and we can push on in the Europa League.

Rogers is hopeless in Europe and he can't handle pressure.

Personally I'd bin him. All this shite 'but they are brilliant so what can you you do?'

Celtic have beaten and competed with better teams than PSG, Inter were the best team on the planet in 67 and so were Leeds in 1970 according to the English media, Ajax in 1982 were not too bad either or RM the same year then MON's teams managed to compete with better teams and give them a game, Porto won the EC the following year from Seville FFS.

I'm 58 and born a Celtic fan before anyone starts and have been to three European finals.

Rogers is hopeless in Europe and he can't handle pressure.

Personally I'd bin him. All this shite 'but they are brilliant so what can you you do?'

You are out on a limb with that. There is not a single manager who Celtic could attract would have done half as much in improving the team. We got a drubbing from a team who have players sitting on the bench who cost more than the entire Celtic team and you want the manager to be booted out! A bit of perspective is required. The CL has changed beyond recognition in the past 20 years ie the rich got richer and the rest are left to fight over scraps. We are capable of pulling off great results in Europe but tonight wasn't one of them, don't get so despondent. HH.

You are out on a limb with that. There is not a single manager who Celtic could attract would have done half as much in improving the team. We got a drubbing from a team who have players sitting on the bench who cost more than the entire Celtic team and you want the manager to be booted out! A bit of perspective is required. The CL has changed beyond recognition in the past 20 years ie the rich got richer and the rest are left to fight over scraps. We are capable of pulling off great results in Europe but tonight wasn't one of them, don't get so despondent. HH.

Rogers has produced our three worst ever results in Europe that has nothing to do with ‘resources’ or mega teams, there has always been mega teams all this shite ‘ah but we can’t compete and you know 7-1 ain’t that bad’ is total nonsense.

This is all very much the king has no clothes stuff.

Rogers is shite in Europe and will fall on his sword as a result I’m only a lone voice in the wilderness at the moment but that lone voice will become louder there are already Celtic fans questioning him.

As much as I've tried I finally couldn't stop myself posting.
Killie 1 - Celtic 0, could have easily been 3 or 4 nil.
In my 45 years of watching Killie I don't think I've ever seen them snuff out a Celtic forward line like they did yesterday. Totally dominated defensively and left Celtic with nothing but half chances and little else. 1 shot on target in the 88th minute was all they could muster. Brendan Rogers summed it up perfectly after the match - 'Celtic could have played til midnight and not scored'.
A truly astonishing turnaround at Rugby Park since Steve Clarke took over. My 11 year old son had never seen us beat Rangers or Celtic and within a 6 week period we've beaten both. Happy days at Rugby Park, well done lads!

advertisement

Back