advertisement

Scottish Football 2017-18

gassor

There may be more posts after this.
Jimi put up a condescending thread title last year about Scottish football which was deleted and he went to say he didn't mean any offence, sob sob. He has done the same thing this year so just ignore the fanny.

Just trying to expand interest in the thread my old chum, no offence intended, in fact the thread did not get deleted the title was changed and even the thread title changer the great TonyL suggested that the thread was started in humour, perhaps some folk are short of a bit of banter because the footy club they watch on tv now and again and the league that they play in are s***e even worse than the premier league that my great team play in or perhaps I could be mistaken and I have indeed caused great offence to my Scottish brothers who are also my long lost ancestors if family tree's are anything to go by in fact we are all as one together in this great British isle of ours even though that f*****t Sturgeon is trying to break us up, I could go on but I won't even though........

You have had a few digs at Scottish football in previous seasons. If you want a bit of banter, try another league or another topic eg for how much longer will Man U be in decline?

Scottish football needs a major overhaul which can only be achieved by becoming part of a national league. It has become the equivalent of a one party state and even if Rangers can reach their former glory it will not change things dramatically. If the fans don't give a toss then fine but Scotland have no future on the European and world stage.

Scottish football needs a major overhaul which can only be achieved by becoming part of a national league. It has become the equivalent of a one party state and even if Rangers can reach their former glory it will not change things dramatically. If the fans don't give a toss then fine but Scotland have no future on the European and world stage.

English clubs would see no benefit in this and would not give a national league any support (easy to understand from their point of view). The whole issue of the future of Scottish football has been debated up here for many years, but I guess it's up to ourselves to improve its appeal and get more money from the TV companies.

Celtic could be a top 6 team in the EPL in 5-6 years (?) if invited to join, but what teams would welcome them when an English team would be deprived of a place at the top table?

Apologies for this post in advance, not meaning to troll but after being born and living in Glasgow for many years and currently back here working, I hate Scottish football for its sectarianism and the viscious divide it exposes in our communities.

Combine Celtic & Rangers, Hearts & Hibs etc. into single football clubs that can take on the might of the Premiership (pushing it a bit maybe) and unite & improve our communities at the same time.

Might help improve our national game too.

Apologies for this post in advance, not meaning to troll but after being born and living in Glasgow for many years and currently back here working, I hate Scottish football for its sectarianism and the viscious divide it exposes in our communities.

Combine Celtic & Rangers, Hearts & Hibs etc. into single football clubs that can take on the might of the Premiership (pushing it a bit maybe) and unite & improve our communities at the same time.

I think that is on the outer limits of unrealistic possibilities my friend.

I think the outer limits is receding at the speed of light in the rear view mirror (to extend the metaphor a tad). If anyone thinks Rangers and Celtic fans would ever unite behind a single 'Glasgow United' then they know nothing of Scottish football, never mind politics, history etc.

Celtic eased their way into the next qualifying round with a 4-0 win last night at Celtic Park. The only negative apart from not finding TV coverage of the game was the stupid paramilitary banner flown by some dick in the Green Brigade.

Indeed, what one earth (or elesewhere) was I thinking, it's not really about football is it (and that's not just constrained to Glasgow either) :D

Indeed, what one earth (or elesewhere) was I thinking, it's not really about football is it (and that's not just constrained to Glasgow either) :D

Well considering that there is no rangers now it would be impossible unless you believe the recreation myth that a liquidated whatever can survive, erhm, liquidation.

There is however a tribute act called The Rangers but we won't go into all of that...

Celtic wiped the floor with Sunderland today 5-0, so maybe they can knock in few against Rosenberg next week.

Taxi for Cathro (but Levein seems immune) http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40788135

Just out of his depth. Next to no ability to motivate. Dire results. But as you mention Levein stays. Yet he went for Cathro as someone who would not stand up to him, and his back room model of management has failed badly. They need some decent experienced manager and get Levein to stay well out of things. Tommy Wright?

On another tack I was disgusted with the behaviour of a few Celtic fans chanting about Lee Rigby at the Sunderland game. An embarrassment to everyone connected to the club.

I think the Jambo's will struggle to get a good manager due to the interference from Levein, certainly don't think Tommy Wright would see that as his ideal job or a stepping stone to something better.

I'm quite upbeat about Killie's chances this year compared to the last 3 or 4 seasons. We've made a few good signings over the summer (Erwin, Greer, Thomas) but we've also signed Kirk Broadfoot so maybe he'll nullify the good signings. Anyway, looking forward to the start of the season on Saturday, first 4 games are all at home so 12 points by the end of August should be the target :)

Hibs look to have re-signed Anthony Stokes. Now if they could only tempt the 'Tic to let Liam Henderson come home...

Sad news for Hibs fans is that Ian Cathro has been sacked by the Charity Pilferring Poppy Thieves.

Hibs look to have re-signed Anthony Stokes. Now if they could only tempt the 'Tic to let Liam Henderson come home...

Sad news for Hibs fans is that Ian Cathro has been sacked by the Charity Pilferring Poppy Thieves.

I sort of know Liam and home for him and his family is Parkhead. However his days of playing in the first team are very limited and he would develop much better as a Hibee getting a regular first team place in a similar way to how Gary Mackay (I expect) will do at Aberdeen.

Good piece in the DR today about Levein and how he has killed off the expected improvements in Hertz as trophy contenders. He deserves the bullet as much as Cathro.

Phew! Never has so much owed by so many to so phew.

I suspect that is rather crap :D just get carried away sometimes.

advertisement

Back