advertisement

Scaling up from Harbeth P3ESR?

There's certainly a gap in the market for honest, beautiful speakers and stands. Most companies tend to think design-led means contemporary styling, just like the automotive sector or modern furniture.

There's a nice page on instagram that has some lovely looking spaces and set ups: https://www.instagram.com/speakersandcoffee/

In some ways, speakers dominating a room can be a good thing, if they look good. Trouble is, most systems don't. Too many blue lights, over-designed form factors, gloss finishes etc. Homes aren't like that. The link here shows some good integration of honest systems in real spaces.

I like the classic designs of Harbeth, Spendor etc and the Tannoys are interesting, too. Real wood, good form factors, purposeful looking. In my mind, design, craft and performance/functionality should be balanced. Many would think about a dining table or an armchair in the same way. Objects we live with every day should be a joy to use, own and share.

I heard the RFC canterburys at paul's house yesterday and they are absolutely sublime. I was there to drop off my eatons, to have the crossovers serviced/upgraded and left wondering if I am wasting my time...

I'd be interested in a brief swap, if you wanted to hear my eatons (once paul as breathed his magic on them). I would love to hear some p3esr, to hear what all the fuss is about...

ah thats brilliant , i miss hearing pauls thoughts on his latest projects but he no longer posts any

How about these...?

Graham%20LS5-9%201.jpg

Graham%20LS5-9%202.jpg

Wow, what a sloppy, piss-poor job! The woofer cutout looks bad enough, but look at the distress around the screw heads.

There's certainly a gap in the market for honest, beautiful speakers and stands. Most companies tend to think design-led means contemporary styling, just like the automotive sector or modern furniture.

There's a nice page on instagram that has some lovely looking spaces and set ups: https://www.instagram.com/speakersandcoffee/

In some ways, speakers dominating a room can be a good thing, if they look good. Trouble is, most systems don't. Too many blue lights, over-designed form factors, gloss finishes etc. Homes aren't like that. The link here shows some good integration of honest systems in real spaces.

I like the classic designs of Harbeth, Spendor etc and the Tannoys are interesting, too. Real wood, good form factors, purposeful looking. In my mind, design, craft and performance/functionality should be balanced. Many would think about a dining table or an armchair in the same way. Objects we live with every day should be a joy to use, own and share.

I remember buying a usb cable from you somewhere in Highgate or Islington. As I now have Devialet, it is one of the few cables left in my system.

I have a similar sized room with Harbeth SHL5+ 40th LE and a REL S2 sub. Does big thumpy stuff and quiet mousey stuff equally well. I also have P3ESR that can fill the space with the S2.

advertisement

Back